Screen Protector

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My note should be showing up in the next few days so I am starting to look at protection for it.

What type of screen protectors do you like and what type will I not have problems with the s-pen?

Remaxmatt

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Personally I hate screen protectors. Instead, I got the samsung case that folds down over the screen when not in use. It doesn't add much bulk at all and offers protection when you need it. Plus it looks stunning.

?~best phone in the known Galaxy~?

Remaxmatt

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
The Samsung documentation says DO NOT put a screen protector on because it affects the touch sensitivity.

That's exactly why I mentioned that I hate them. I've found this to be true, and there's nothing more frustrating than when your touches are not responding properly.

I don't know how much difference it makes on this particular tablet, but any device is ever used, a screen protector really does make it less sensitive.

?~best phone in the known Galaxy~?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
This is my first tablet. I used it (secretly because I was told not to open it till Christmas :p ) for maybe two weeks without the screen protector. At that time I was using my finger more than the S-Pen. There is just a slight difference in the feel but with the protector but as far as I can tell, I've not experienced any problems between the S-Pen and Zagg protector.

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I hate zagg protectors. They ruin the experience. I always end up throwing them away. The only screen protector I've found that feels like the stock glass is the spigen protector. I will never waste money on anything else.

Last edited:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I hate zagging protectors. They ruin the experience. I always end up throwing them away. The only screen protector I've found that feels like the stock glass is the spigen protector. I will never waste money on anything else.

I had one for my note 3 and found the glass really clear but wasn't smooth like the glass on the screen (idk what to call it but when I slide may finger down there is resistance to it)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I would never attempt to install one of these myself. That's why I spent the extra to let BB install it. The guy that did my first GN/2014 (16GB version) applied it in one try. Perfect! I don't see any difference with or without it. There is a slightly different feel but for MY needs, it's not a problem at all. The guy who put the Zagg screen protector on my 32GB GN/2014 wasn't as good. He had to open another screen protector before he got it right. The store eats the loss, not me and if the install goes bad, ever, they replace it.
Maybe if I had two screens in front of me, one with and one without the protector, I could tell a difference. If I try really hard and get just the right angle in just the right light and look hard, I can see the protector. Other than that, I can't tell it's there.

pablomanila

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I decided to remove my screen protector when I experienced frequent touchscreen freezes. I have read somewhere that it is due to static build-up caused by the protector. The freezes still happen but minimized after I removed screen protector.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs