using polaris office!

dibbs66

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
hi all

Been playing around with the polaris program but still cant seem to save a document once ive added text or drawn something on it, also I cant seem to produce and save any new doc!!!

any ideas? I have read the tutorial but still makes no sense to me..

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Polaris is confusing, and I never really worked it out either. On my Nexus 5 I have QuickOffice which you can download from the play store free. I like it a lot better, it's easier for me. There's also Kingsoft Office, but I haven't tried that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Polaris is confusing, and I never really worked it out either. On my Nexus 5 I have QuickOffice which you can download from the play store free. I like it a lot better, it's easier for me. There's also Kingsoft Office, but I haven't tried that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Well, i don't think that polaris is a confusing one rather than I fell its is just better from other's, I am still thinking why @dibbs66 isn't able to save, The saving button can be found on the top right corner of the screen. Well is it possible for you to share some screenshot showing the problem you are facing because I didn't get what you are doing wrong. But still like @mrsmubles said you can try using some other application like Kingsoft office or....... !! It is also a good alternate for office.

dibbs66 said:
hi all

Been playing around with the polaris program but still cant seem to save a document once ive added text or drawn something on it, also I cant seem to produce and save any new doc!!!

any ideas? I have read the tutorial but still makes no sense to me..

dibbs66

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
test.JPG
as you can see I have added 'test' and some squiggly lines but when I try to close or save this doc it wont save the text I added!!!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Is there a three dot menu button on the screen? If so, does it give you options to save?

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

dibbs66

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
No! but there is like a windows button in the top left corner
test2.JPG
Which when pressed reveals this menu
test3.JPG

But as you can see the 'save' button is greyed out and cannot be used!

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried Polaris a time or two then searched the forums for favorite office app. Several mentioned but most said Kingsoft Office. It is great, night and day from the awful Polaris experience. There is a learning curve finding the menus, etc but if I can do it, you can.

Stump3r

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
On a modified document it forces you to use "save as". Hit save as rename the file to "my document revised" then you will be able to email etc. with all your modifications. This way you won't overwrite the original.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Save (grayed out) - Save As tells me why I now have document under same name but larger size, and old document (protected ) is renamed as BAK or what ever backup is... Thanks for the inadvertent enlightenment...

Dale

Stump3r

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Save (grayed out) - Save As tells me why I now have document under same name but larger size, and old document (protected ) is renamed as BAK or what ever backup is... Thanks for the inadvertent enlightenment...

Dale

Well Dale sounds like you have other issues to contend with. When I edit or mark up a standard word doc. then use the "save as" feature I have the original ".doc" then the "revised.doc" and depending on the amount of mark up both documents are the exact same size AND they retain their original format be it .pdf, .doc, .xls etc.

dibbs66

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I think ive found a way!!!! I was editing the document in 'view mode' and you need to switch to 'edit' mode you can then add text but not free write! but it will allow you to then save the doc to where you like.

Thanks for all the suggestions though.

thesmellofgreen

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Does it give you any warnings that the document is protected? I had a similar issue with a pdf i transfered over from my pc. It took a while but I realized that on my pc it was set to read only. If you originally had it on your pc right click the main file (Not a shortcut if you made one) and click properties. At the bottom will be a box that says read only. Unclick and save it. Then re transfer it to your phone. If you downloaded the document to your phone first it may be worth transferring it to your pc real quick to check for the above read only. I havent found a way to check attributes like this on the s5 yet.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Well Dale sounds like you have other issues to contend with. When I edit or mark up a standard word doc. then use the "save as" feature I have the original ".doc" then the "revised.doc" and depending on the amount of mark up both documents are the exact same size AND they retain their original format be it .pdf, .doc, .xls etc.

I was a bit wrong about that... Ignore the post...

Dale

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The bedt actually is kingsoft, at least next to hancom word which is the greatest, i use it on my note 12 and want it on my 10 2014.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Kingsoft until you use a Bluetooth keyboard, though even that has been seriously upgraded.

Sent via my Note 8

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy