Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Waking from sleep problem - possibly caused by book cover

I hope I can get some help with a problem that is bugging me. I recently bought a Samsung brand book cover for my Note and it worked fine for a time. However, I found the startup screen from sleep (diary, weather etc) annoying so I turned it off in the Samsung setup (didn't do anything weird just unticked the box).

Ever since the Note wont startup from sleep sensibly, it just presents as a blank screen. The button will light up but the screen will not come on whatever buttons or screen touched. The only way to get it back is to press the power key until the Note powers down and then re-power back up. You can imagine how annoying this is.

I have gone back into setup and rechecked the option but no difference. I have taken the cover off but no difference now.

Any advice for how I can resolve this difficulty would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Re: Waking from sleep problem - possibly caused by book cover

Did you install any apps around the time the problem started? A friend of mine had a similar issue, he thought it was related to the cover as well, but it turned out to be an app that caused it.

If so, uninstall the last few apps you put on, restart, and it should fix it. Otherwise, I'm not sure...tech support is going to suggest a factory reset which might help.

~best phone in the known Galaxy~
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Many thanks Remaxmatt - I have tried what you suggested and no success I am afraid.

Going to consider the factory reset but will wait a day or so in case of bolt from blue as could do without the hassle of a reset.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTanner View Post
    Many thanks Remaxmatt - I have tried what you suggested and no success I am afraid.

Going to consider the factory reset but will wait a day or so in case of bolt from blue as could do without the hassle of a reset.
    Sorry it didn't help. Good luck with the factory reset, but hopefully someone else has a suggestion in the next day or so for you.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

OK, I tried the factory reset and it has made no difference whatsoever. Have contacted Samsung again - I imagine it'll be a return to factory job.

Argh!

S

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTanner View Post
    OK, I tried the factory reset and it has made no difference whatsoever. Have contacted Samsung again - I imagine it'll be a return to factory job.

Argh!

S
    hi, I'm having the very same annoying issue and I haven't been able to fix it. I tried with the latest update of KitKat, but haven't tried yet the factory reset because my Galaxy Note is rooted and I haven't been able to find the original firmware.
    I wanted to know if you've solved this problem with your device.
    Thank you

Remove magnets from cover to disable daynotes and just startup and shut down with power key?

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.