S.G. Note 2014 Tab Repeatedly losing wifi connection, yet my Gal. III cell having no wifi issues??

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
O.k. guys (& gals), I need your expertise! First off, let me start by apologizing for what's probably a very naive question. I just wasn't blessed with being tech savvy! For the past few weeks my tablet has been losing its wifi connection repeatedly (but have only had the issue once or twice on my Galaxy SIII phone.) I've unplugged the router and that helps me to re-connect for a while but in a short time, it's the same issue. I have a Geek Squad app on my tablet that has a "Symptom Checker" feature but when I test the wifi connection, it says it's working?? I also noticed at the top of my screen where it shows my wifi connection, that there are 2 arrows (a green arrow pointing upwards & a orange arrow pointing downwards.) They are both on & blinking alternately. Only for a short time here and there do they go off & just my wifi bars show. I'm not sure what this means or how to fix this issue. My tablets wifi setting is on and I have already powered down my tablet a couple times but, it's just not helping. I really don't know what else to do since the connection issue seems to be affecting mostly just my tablet 98% of the time. (I don't live in an apt. complex where I know issues can arise from multiple users in a very close proximity. ) I would appreciate any advise or suggestions because this issue is driving me crazy and really interfering with doing just about everything! Thanks

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advise Dale! I'll give it a try & see what happens then I'll post an update. Have a great day! DMarie04