Can't establish a reliable connection (Solved)

jlreaa

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
After hours of searches and dozens of resets, clearing catches, modem & router resets.
Apparently an update reset the date wrong. (check your date and time)
Other errors were, Could not connect to the real google play

tomlh

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
After hours of searches and dozens of resets, clearing catches, modem & router resets.
On the tablet or the router?

kdog509adam75

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Yupper. I had the exact same problem, only on my S-3. If I logged onto Google-Play from my desk top, I could not download any apps because I had no device listed on the site. Research suggested I had to log on to Google-Play on my phone to establish an acceptable device. However when I tried to do that, I got an error saying the Google-Play was not available and try again later. Catch 22.

It drove me nuts for a day or so, until I stumbled on a post that suggested I should check the time/date on my phone. I thought "Could it be this simple?" I figured the time/date was pulled off the network and was automatically accurate. But just to do my due diligence, I went to set time/date and sure enough the phone thought we were back in Aug of 2009.

Set both to correct values, hit my Google-Play app and presto, connected dead on. Still have no idea how that got messed up but it is what it is......

James Bassdrop

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say thanks. I was just having the same issue on a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0... was trying all sorts of different stuff to get it working to no avail, but everything started working again instantly as soon as I changed the date/time. I would have thrown it at the wall long before that ever would've crossed my mind ;)

I hadn't powered the device on in a year or two so that likely explains how it happened in my case.

Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs