"The software update service is not uvailable. Maximum number of roll-out updateshas been exceeded""

Bob OHara

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
"The software update service is not uvailable. Maximum number of roll-out updateshas been exceeded""

Saw the recent announcement that the Kitkat update for Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition was being pushed out starting in I think Columbia. Tried getting it yesterday AM but got the usual "You already have the most recent update". This AM tried manually again and get the message in the Subject. Does that just mean there's an issue on Samsungs end due to pushing out too many updates at once and will it correct itself. This is not connected to a carrier, FYI; it's wi-fi only.

Bob

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: "The software update service is not uvailable. Maximum number of roll-out updateshas been exceed

I think it means what you have already guessed. The servers were overworked, and the problem should be corrected. I would check once every couple days to see.

wcassady

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: "The software update service is not uvailable. Maximum number of roll-out updateshas been exceed

Had the same response today when I checked for the KitKat update. Evidently the update request exceed the capabilities.

Bill

tomlh

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Bill and Bob, where are you guys?

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Could be that Samsung has on record "X" number of tablets in Colombia and already "X plus" numbers of downloads has occurred and Samsung put brakes on any more downloads because "they are out of country"?...

In other words Samsung acknowledges users world wide has sucked Colombia's well (allocation) dry with out of country downloads (sort of a abuse)...

Just speculating here!

Dale

Last edited:

Emily Boda

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm also in PA and I got the same message

bud52

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Got the same message in NC

Bob OHara

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Not just me then; that's somewhat of a relief

greatnanook

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Got the same in cali.

Posted via Android Central App

KiwiGrrl

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

I just got it OTA today.

... sent from the road

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Since there have been too many rollouts, I'm downloading it via Kies 3. I'm in Minnesota.

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Hi...what is Kies 3?

Kies 3 is the latest Samsung software that allows you to update from either your desktop or laptop. Go to Samsung.com and download it. It works with android 4.3 or later. For earlier versions, download Kies (if you have a Note 3 or Note 10.1 2014, you have at least 4.3.

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

So far, bluetooth is working much better. My mouse and keyboard are staying connected longer and are more responsive.

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

Got that today in San Jose and Los Angeles.

-g-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay