Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "The software update service is not uvailable. Maximum number of roll-out updateshas been exceeded""

Saw the recent announcement that the Kitkat update for Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition was being pushed out starting in I think Columbia. Tried getting it yesterday AM but got the usual "You already have the most recent update". This AM tried manually again and get the message in the Subject. Does that just mean there's an issue on Samsungs end due to pushing out too many updates at once and will it correct itself. This is not connected to a carrier, FYI; it's wi-fi only.

Bob

Global Posts
    22,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: "The software update service is not uvailable. Maximum number of roll-out updateshas been exceed

I think it means what you have already guessed. The servers were overworked, and the problem should be corrected. I would check once every couple days to see.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: "The software update service is not uvailable. Maximum number of roll-out updateshas been exceed

Had the same response today when I checked for the KitKat update. Evidently the update request exceed the capabilities.

Bill

Bill and Bob, where are you guys?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Myself in Pennsylvania, USA

Could be that Samsung has on record "X" number of tablets in Colombia and already "X plus" numbers of downloads has occurred and Samsung put brakes on any more downloads because "they are out of country"?...

In other words Samsung acknowledges users world wide has sucked Colombia's well (allocation) dry with out of country downloads (sort of a abuse)...

Just speculating here!

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

I'm also in PA and I got the same message

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Got the same message in NC
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Not just me then; that's somewhat of a relief

Got the same in Utah

Got the same in cali.

Posted via Android Central App

got the same in florida

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

I just got it OTA today.

... sent from the road

Since there have been too many rollouts, I'm downloading it via Kies 3. I'm in Minnesota.
    Thanked by:

Hi...what is Kies 3?

Quote Originally Posted by audrey ellertson View Post
    Hi...what is Kies 3?
    Kies 3 is the latest Samsung software that allows you to update from either your desktop or laptop. Go to Samsung.com and download it. It works with android 4.3 or later. For earlier versions, download Kies (if you have a Note 3 or Note 10.1 2014, you have at least 4.3.

Thanked by:

So far, bluetooth is working much better. My mouse and keyboard are staying connected longer and are more responsive.

atg284 likes this.

Got that today in San Jose and Los Angeles.

-g-

Dallas

New York through Kies 3

I have the same message and it's driving me nuts.

On a different note, does the stock keyboard work any better? The autocorrect on mine is so random as to be useless - adding words, repeating words and randomly capitalizing. It's the biggest issue I have with this thing (fixed easily enough with SwiftKey, of course).

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

I didn't feel like waiting any longer. I updated the wife's and mine using Kies.

Use Kies worked for me

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

For me as well; said no new update yesterday on kies but today the KitKat update came through and the error message when trying manual update is not gone

Kies3 with my Windows 7 computer worked fine for me in the Boston area.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast