Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default BIG Problem with Files Being Overwritten on the Ext SD Carda

My music, tablet photos, downloaded photos, BT'd photos/files, etc, all go to my external SD card. I also move my movies I download from Samsung Hub to my SD card. Today I was looking for a video I'd taken with my tablet. It was gone! In fact, I finally noticed that the entire DCIM/Camera folder was missing from the SD card.

Fear not, there is always Recuva! It found everything in the flash of an eye. Some of my photos were damaged (partially overwritten) and some were totally over written by movies I'd moved to the card. The important stuff was OK...whew! This is a 16GB card. 3gb of 15 free. I see no reason why files would be overwritten and if the card was full, shouldn't I get a warning that it's full and possibly even a "do you want to overwrite X file?

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to keep this from happening again? Has it happened to anyone else?

ps...bought movies are also stored on my desktop and backup drive for safe keeping

Thanks