Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Question; wasn't their something about the Android Kitkat 4.4.2 update offering 4 windows for the Multiwindow feature rather than the 2 the Note 2014 had originally? Was I imagining things? If not how does one use it
  2. #2  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    In latest update (4.4.2) on P-600 its there (on mine) ...First go to "Devices" under "Settings" and turn on "Multi window"... Then from right side of screen, swipe to left and it will open "menu" just tap application you want to run, it will open a "new window", with others...

    To close apps, long press on Home button, and you can either shut down all apps, or select "Task Manager" (new feature) and end selected apps...

    Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    But it still only displays the 2 apps at one time on the screen doesn't it. Read somewhere that with the Kitkat update it would display 4?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Read Help file at bottom of multi view menu...

    Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale_M View Post
    In latest update (4.4.2) on P-600 its there (on mine) ...First go to "Devices" under "Settings" and turn on "Multi window"... Then from right side of screen, swipe to left and it will open "menu" just tap application you want to run, it will open a "new window", with others...

    To close apps, long press on Home button, and you can either shut down all apps, or select "Task Manager" (new feature) and end selected apps...

    Dale
    You can use 4 apps at the same time?

    Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..
  6. #6  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    I doubt you can use four apps. That's only available on the note 12.2.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches36 View Post
    You can use 4 apps at the same time?

    Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..
    Yes. Just drag and drop 4 apps from your MultiWindow sidebar to the screen...
  8. #8  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    Yes. Just drag and drop 4 apps from your MultiWindow sidebar to the screen...
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/yny6a4uv.jpg
    I tried it many times and can only get two windows. Are you rooted?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt R View Post
    I tried it many times and can only get two windows. Are you rooted?
    Yes, my tablet is rooted and running stock kitkat. You still should be able to do 4 at a time without root. Screenshot from the Help section at the bottom of the multi window sidebar...


    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Mines says 2 apps at the same time..

    Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..
  11. #11  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Has anyone one else reported being able to open more than two windows in Multi-view UNrooted with KK?
    Dale, is your tablet rooted?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Nope..Not rooted (yet)...It would seem the the blue dot in "divider" allows you to open up a set of tools, the top tool appears to be a "application switch(er)"... If you press it, it brings up the applications as "tiles" or what ever.... You just select what app you want to work in.... Next tool down is "switch to full window"...

    You can also open same app in multiple windows (maybe for stare and compare)....

    Details are pretty well explained if you go to "Help, then "tap" Multi-window..

    I just have not worked with it enough like "ipt2569" to get it all sorted out.... So far only two apps...

    Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Thanks Dale. I haven't updated to KK yet. I usually let the dust settle before I update an OS, be it on my phone or computer and will probably do the same with my tablet
  14. #14  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Really? How many people need to have 4 windows up at a time? I mean 2 is a good idea and I've used it a lot. Youtube and a web browser. But four? Cmon? Why would you even need to do that? Remember back about 7-8 years ago when picture in picture TVs were the sh_ts? That was the biggest selling point for modern TVs. They stopped making that feature because nobody cared about picture in picture. They just want to look at one picture.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Some do. On the 10.1-2012 I routinely had 3 open.

    Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
  16. #16  
    Soloberry's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Hi I just upgraded yesterday and can confirm only 2 apps on Multiwindow. You can open other apps, but the stack option in the middle blue divider will only show 2 to the right or left of the window, in which you can toggle which to view and/or switch with whatever you already have open.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    True progress. Can't talk though, having stated I would not go to Kitty Kat due to one major issue, I did it. Slightly reduced the lag and now extra work to maintain the card. True progress.

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    So, I'm confused... Can you or can you not run 4 windows with the new KitKat update? Hahaha I just updated a few days ago but haven't tried it and my tablet is at home :P

    For those who have gotten it to work (the help file stating 4 windows is pretty much proof enough), are you sure this is a Note 10.1 2014? Haha And I don't think being rooted or not would make a difference, unless you've installed some of the 'hacks' out there that let you not only open 4 windows, they also let you open ANY app in multiwindow mode.

    I know the 4-window mode is dormant in the code (had been ever since the original release), but if I recall correctly, this was not to be activated even with an update, at least officially.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    So, I'm confused... Can you or can you not run 4 windows with the new KitKat update? Hahaha I just updated a few days ago but haven't tried it and my tablet is at home :P

    For those who have gotten it to work (the help file stating 4 windows is pretty much proof enough), are you sure this is a Note 10.1 2014? Haha And I don't think being rooted or not would make a difference, unless you've installed some of the 'hacks' out there that let you not only open 4 windows, they also let you open ANY app in multiwindow mode.

    I know the 4-window mode is dormant in the code (had been ever since the original release), but if I recall correctly, this was not to be activated even with an update, at least officially.
    I can. I'm rooted, running the stock KitKat ROM by Hashcheck over at XDA. As far as I can tell no tweaks were added for running 4 windows at once. I do use the MultiWindow Plus app, that allows me to add any of my apps to the multiwindow, but that has nothing to do with the ability to run 4 at a time.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    The help screen for Kit Kat on the Note 10.1 (2014 edition) on mine says you can use 5 apps for pop-up view and multi view says 2 apps. What is the difference for pop- view and multiview window? Help screen is not super helpful. At least 4.3 had a full pdf manual could download. Have not seen anything KitKat yet.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    So, I'm confused... Can you or can you not run 4 windows with the new KitKat update? Hahaha I just updated a few days ago but haven't tried it and my tablet is at home :P
    That makes two of us! (lol) I'd like to see a screen shot of a 4 paned multi-window from someone with stock KK, no special apps and NOT rooted. Dale?
  22. #22  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    So far I can only get two apps up (1/2 screen) at same tine, but you can run 4 (maybe 5),... 3+ will be in form of tiles if you press blue button and select Switch Application option... Best I have been able to figure out....

    IF you scroll down to bottom of multi screen and select and read "help", it says only 2 apps can be used at same time....Sounds pretty official to me...

    Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Hubbard View Post
    The help screen for Kit Kat on the Note 10.1 (2014 edition) on mine says you can use 5 apps for pop-up view and multi view says 2 apps. What is the difference for pop- view and multiview window? Help screen is not super helpful. At least 4.3 had a full pdf manual could download. Have not seen anything KitKat yet.
    5 apps in pop-up? Wow! Maybe we could do that before, I just didn't realize it hehehe It sounds like the KitKat update didn't change the number of apps that can run on this tablet.

    As for pop-up view is the feature where you press the button on the S-Pen, select 'pop up window', draw a window (pointless gesture, IMHO, as the app ends up taking whatever space it's programmed to) and then select the app you want to have in a pop-up, floating window. MultiWindow mode is just that, two apps running at the same time, side by side, but not in floating windows.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    I can. I'm rooted, running the stock KitKat ROM by Hashcheck over at XDA. As far as I can tell no tweaks were added for running 4 windows at once. I do use the MultiWindow Plus app, that allows me to add any of my apps to the multiwindow, but that has nothing to do with the ability to run 4 at a time.
    Don't know about Hashheck's ROM (but if it's a ROM, it surely has something modified, so maaaaaybe the 4-window mode option has been enabled), but MultiWindow Plus DOES enable the 4-window mode.
    [APP] MultiWindow PLUS - Enable HIDDEN Multiwindow Features - xda-developers
    Thanked by:
    lpt2569 likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: MuitiWindow on Kitkat update just received today

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Don't know about Hashheck's ROM (but if it's a ROM, it surely has something modified, so maaaaaybe the 4-window mode option has been enabled), but MultiWindow Plus DOES enable the 4-window mode.
    [APP] MultiWindow PLUS - Enable HIDDEN Multiwindow Features - xda-developers
    Nice...never realized that was a feature of that app! Nice investigative work! So it seems the 4 window option is not enabled with stock KitKat.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon LG G2: KitKat 4.4.2 Bluetooth Voice Dialing Issue
    By jcpmojo in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2014, 05:39 PM
  2. What's up with software update??????
    By Nychotxxx in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 04:20 AM
  3. New Moto x On AIO, and Update 4.4.2
    By flashesbuck in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 08:48 PM
  4. SD Card on Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    By tpmoney in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2014, 12:54 AM
  5. Galaxy S3 turning off and on repeatedly
    By gregwolfman in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2014, 12:47 PM

Posting Permissions