Fix for galaxy note 10.1 screen distortion after dropping

owner232

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I work at a place where we get alot of tablets in, I repair alot of them by opening them up and swapping parts from *scrapped out units*.
I had a galaxy note 10.1 come in and the screen was distorted like fuzzy outlining on everything. It was either scrap it out of try to fix it, So i tried to fix it while i was removing the far right ribbon cable towards the bottom of the unit and my pick(sharp metal tip screwdriver i use to open the ribbon cable locks) came into contact with the far left pins on the board(3-7 pins all at once connector and it made a tiny spark. I was thinking well that's the end of this tablet so i flipped it over turned it on and it worked perfect So i sent it off. Today i got another tablet with the same issue so i did the trick and what do you know that fixed that one too completely clear screen afterwards. Im not saying everyone try this if you have the issue but if your warranty is expired and you have that issue after dropping the unit then go ahead and try it since you cant use the tablet anyways. you need to make sure the tablet is on I did one with the screen off but the tablet was powered on.

mweddl

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your help. however i used a Q tip and some cleaning alcohol. getting inside the tiny little slits was a bit of a challenge but doable. I did notice dark smut on the end of the Q tip after cleaning both ends of the cables and the receptor. Works fine now.
Thanks for the help :D

VIAAN

Jan 8, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Do you perhaps some pics of which cable to remove??
Thanx

I work at a place where we get alot of tablets in, I repair alot of them by opening them up and swapping parts from *scrapped out units*.
I had a galaxy note 10.1 come in and the screen was distorted like fuzzy outlining on everything. It was either scrap it out of try to fix it, So i tried to fix it while i was removing the far right ribbon cable towards the bottom of the unit and my pick(sharp metal tip screwdriver i use to open the ribbon cable locks) came into contact with the far left pins on the board(3-7 pins all at once connector and it made a tiny spark. I was thinking well that's the end of this tablet so i flipped it over turned it on and it worked perfect So i sent it off. Today i got another tablet with the same issue so i did the trick and what do you know that fixed that one too completely clear screen afterwards. Im not saying everyone try this if you have the issue but if your warranty is expired and you have that issue after dropping the unit then go ahead and try it since you cant use the tablet anyways. you need to make sure the tablet is on I did one with the screen off but the tablet was powered on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781