issue with samsung 4.4 update when using chromecast

jdawgnoonan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The new Android 4.4 firmware for the note 10.1 2014 seems to have an issue that repeatedly occurs when using Google play music with chromecast if the user (me) pulls down the notification pane while listening to music. The only way to use the tablet after the error occurs is to reboot the device. This error did not occur under the same conditions prior to the recent samsung software update. The error states: "Unfortunately, the process Com.android.systemui has stopped". Is anyone else experiencing this issue or can attempt to cause the issue by performing the same conditions that I stated above? I contacted samsung and they told me to contact support for chromecast (which I think is rediculous).

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I've tried repeatedly to reproduce this but I'm just not seeing the same issue as you. I've heard from others on the Colombian version, I've used that and the newer us build and haven't seen it.

Posted via Android Central App

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Wow this is happening to me while using YouTube and chromecast. Same problem, if I pull down the notification bar it gives me the same error. Have to reboot every time. .....

jdawgnoonan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Samsung advised me to contact Chromecast support, and so I did, and Chromecast support advised me to ensure that I have the latest version of Chromecast, which I have. I have even performed a full factory reset and the issue persists.

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried YouTube yet, but haven't had any trouble with Netflix or HBO go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

luniboy26

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It seems like a Samsung and Google services issue to me because it happens whether I'm using Play Music , Play Movies, or YouTube but streams fine with Hulu, Netflix or HBO Go. Really frustrating.

Posted via Android Central App

Froojr

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It happens with every streaming app that I have used to Chromecast - Netflix, Hulu, Google Play Music, Google Play Movies & TV, and TWiT Cast. Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, factory UI and Nova.

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Just used chromecast for the first time since the update and I got the error. For me it doesnt matter if I swipe the notification bar. Once I connect to chromecast, shortly thereafter it happens. Ive only tried with play music.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Someone over on XDA claims that installing a replacement notification bar from the Play store resolves the issue. I don't have KK yet or a Chromecast but maybe somebody can test it out.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

jdawgnoonan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
for me it only happens in the Google Play apps, I can stream Netflix or YouTube fine

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
for me it only happens in the Google Play apps, I can stream Netflix or YouTube fine

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

I don't believe you need to be rooted... the app is called Super Bar if I remember correctly.

Scott James J

May 7, 2014
Visit site
i'm experiencing the same issue only with google play services and chromecast. any news as to how to fix this? i contacted samsung and google and that was a waste of time

Bryan Nylin

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Someone over on XDA claims that installing a replacement notification bar from the Play store resolves the issue. I don't have KK yet or a Chromecast but maybe somebody can test it out.

I am having this same problem with my Note 10.1 (2014) from T-Mobile. Google Play and YouTube while Chromecasting will cause the system crash when dropping down the notification bar. Netflix, HBOGo, and Pocketcast all work OK. T-Mobile support was able to give a workaround for YouTube by uninstalling all updates and running with the base version, but this doesn't work with all the Play apps.

What is the replacement notification bar from Play store? I can't seem to locate one.

Thanks!

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the one I used was super notification bar. Its actually quite ugly compared to stock but it did the trick. I did unistall it, if I need to chromecast anything from google, I just use my S4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance