Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
04-27-2014 12:04 PM
27 replies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default issue with samsung 4.4 update when using chromecast

The new Android 4.4 firmware for the note 10.1 2014 seems to have an issue that repeatedly occurs when using Google play music with chromecast if the user (me) pulls down the notification pane while listening to music. The only way to use the tablet after the error occurs is to reboot the device. This error did not occur under the same conditions prior to the recent samsung software update. The error states: "Unfortunately, the process Com.android.systemui has stopped". Is anyone else experiencing this issue or can attempt to cause the issue by performing the same conditions that I stated above? I contacted samsung and they told me to contact support for chromecast (which I think is rediculous).

Default Re: issue with samsung 4.4 update when using chromecast

I've tried repeatedly to reproduce this but I'm just not seeing the same issue as you. I've heard from others on the Colombian version, I've used that and the newer us build and haven't seen it.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Wow this is happening to me while using YouTube and chromecast. Same problem, if I pull down the notification bar it gives me the same error. Have to reboot every time. .....
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Samsung advised me to contact Chromecast support, and so I did, and Chromecast support advised me to ensure that I have the latest version of Chromecast, which I have. I have even performed a full factory reset and the issue persists.

I haven't tried YouTube yet, but haven't had any trouble with Netflix or HBO go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Darn, yeah YouTube still keeps messing up for me. Hope there's a fix.

It seems like a Samsung and Google services issue to me because it happens whether I'm using Play Music , Play Movies, or YouTube but streams fine with Hulu, Netflix or HBO Go. Really frustrating.

Same for me. Causes a ui process crash too. Sucks.

-g-

Carrier
    Euroskank JellyBro/franco

It happens with every streaming app that I have used to Chromecast - Netflix, Hulu, Google Play Music, Google Play Movies & TV, and TWiT Cast. Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, factory UI and Nova.

Just used chromecast for the first time since the update and I got the error. For me it doesnt matter if I swipe the notification bar. Once I connect to chromecast, shortly thereafter it happens. Ive only tried with play music.

Someone over on XDA claims that installing a replacement notification bar from the Play store resolves the issue. I don't have KK yet or a Chromecast but maybe somebody can test it out.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

for me it only happens in the Google Play apps, I can stream Netflix or YouTube fine

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

sorry about asking that a bunch of times

Quote Originally Posted by jdawgnoonan View Post
    for me it only happens in the Google Play apps, I can stream Netflix or YouTube fine

- - - Updated - - -

does that require root?
    I don't believe you need to be rooted... the app is called Super Bar if I remember correctly.

i'm experiencing the same issue only with google play services and chromecast. any news as to how to fix this? i contacted samsung and google and that was a waste of time

Any updates? Ill try a new notification bar tonight when I get home. Hopefully that works

New notification bar seems to have fixed the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gonecks1 View Post
    New notification bar seems to have fixed the issue.

Glad it helped

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charles777 View Post
    Someone over on XDA claims that installing a replacement notification bar from the Play store resolves the issue. I don't have KK yet or a Chromecast but maybe somebody can test it out.

I am having this same problem with my Note 10.1 (2014) from T-Mobile. Google Play and YouTube while Chromecasting will cause the system crash when dropping down the notification bar. Netflix, HBOGo, and Pocketcast all work OK. T-Mobile support was able to give a workaround for YouTube by uninstalling all updates and running with the base version, but this doesn't work with all the Play apps.

What is the replacement notification bar from Play store? I can't seem to locate one.

Thanks!

I think the one I used was super notification bar. Its actually quite ugly compared to stock but it did the trick. I did unistall it, if I need to chromecast anything from google, I just use my S4

I've had the same issue with my note 10.1 2014 ed also.

Sent from my Awesome S5 on Att

I posted a link to this thread on the samsung support facebook page requesting help but I havent received a response. I didnt see it on there last night so it mightve been deleted.

Same issue on Samsung galaxy tab Pro 8.4.

Only work around I'v found is to uninstall updates to Google apps that have the issue.

Had a chat with Samsung, they claimed there has been no other reports of this issue. Funny because I'v found more than a few people that said they contacted Samsung and was told the same thing. It's clearly an issue with software. ..Google or Samsung need to step up and get this fixed. Really annoying to spend that kinda money and have this kinda support. This is where apple kills android devices/support.

Same issue only all Google apps I try casting crashes my system UI, only Google app that doesn't is when I cast from chromecast app itself just YouTube, Google Play Movies and TV shows, and Google Play Music.

Samsung needs to come out with a fix update for the Galaxy Note 2014 ed. Lines that or Google needs to update a fix for most of their apps, I honesty think it's Google's end...

I wanted to try this to see if I had the same issue. Every song I tried to play said "Unable to play the song. Can't play a sideloaded song remotely".
    What's a "sideloaded" song? I know I played music from either my phone or my tablet via Chromecast last week....at least I think I know :o

OK, I got it working now. I'm in "cast screen" mode. Music is playing via Chromecast on the tv and doesn't crash when I pull down the notification menu.

So, I wondered if I can connect my Jawbone Jambox via BT at the same time. The short answer/only answer is NO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast