Printer Sharing Question

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Looking for Printer sharing application that I can sent document/graphic to printer from wifi Android to Shared Printer on MS LAN network...

Looked at "Print Share Mobile Print" and it does what I want, but not willing to shell out $12.95 till know how much I "need" application...

Not looking at/for anything that prints to "cloud"....

Dale

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Tried those and none will "connect" through LAN (Microsoft Network) to printer attached to computer... All seem to want to connect to wifi enabled printer or printer with dedicated LAN address.....

Dale

Last edited:

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Dale, when you say you tried Print Share are you referring to this Printer Share app?
PrinterShare? Print it anytime, anywhere! FREE Download software!. Also found in the app store.

Yes... And it does work as advertise and it did find my printer on my LAN (printer connected to PC) and it did do without compromising PC setup (port) setup, but I'm not sure if I want to shell out the $12.99 because I don't really need to print something that often.... Might be simpler to just move file to PC and print from PC....

So far have tested about 8-9 different apps and all are either restricted to "product line" or printer needs to be wifi accessible or it has to be a printer on LAN with valid IP address or I need to change port configuration/number in PC and then if tablet can access printer, PC can not access printer without changing configuration back.....

So much garbage out there... And Printer Share seems to be the only bright spot in the darkness.......

Dale

Last edited:

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Found something that works and its FREE and no per sheet charges or restrictions.... From Play store "Print Hammermill"... Just have to put up with their blatant ads, but not bad...

Had to add "sharing" to printer on PC but it does not interfere with main printer setup...Setup was easy!...

Dale

Last edited:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Found something that works and its FREE and no per sheet charges or restrictions.... From Play store "Print Hammermill"... Just have to put up with their blatant ads, but not bad...

Had to add "sharing" to printer on PC but it does not interfere with main printer setup...Setup was easy!...

Dale

YaY!