Graphics Files: naming, opening, finding, using

JoAnR8

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
There seems to be a basic file structure difference between tablets and desktops that I can?t understand.

On my desktop I can save a graphics file generated in ProgramA (in any of a number of general graphics formats) in any directory, under any name. If I want to work on it with ProgramB I find the directory it is in and open it.

On my tablet I can save a graphics file generated in ProgramA (often in an unknown or unspecified format) in something called a ?gallery? particular to that program. More often than not, the ProgramA (and this applies to the better known programs you have to pay for) will not allow you to name the file?it assigns it a long numeric name. If I want to work on it with ProgramB I cannot navigate through the directory structure and so may or may not be able to access it.

With a lot of work, it might be able to locate the graphic image and save it in a more universal ?gallery? or in the ?scrapbook? but this doesn?t guarantee that the file will be available to ProgramB, even if ProgramB can access that gallery or scrapbook. (I can provide specific examples.)

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a workaround?