Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 10.1 2014 STOLEN....

I was in what I would call a nice neighborhood, daylight, the vehicle I am driving, IMO, wasn't worth $100, and it was running on 3 cylinders. I was just riding it while my son was getting a car for me.. It was 2001 Chrysler mini-van. It was good to haul my bicycles around. Anyway, on Friday, I was supposed to pick up my motorcycle from the shop, so I was packing 2 race suits, helmet, gloves,and race boots and my beloved 10.1 2014, a set of Sony MDR 1RBTMK2, a set of Harman Kardon BT headphones, and my Nikon D5100 camera. Doors locked, light outside. I am talking for about anhour inside. When I open door and look, the POS van with all my stuff is gone!!! WTF!! That was on 4/25/14 on a Friday..Called police, they checked impound lots, nothing there. They made a report, and my son had to pick me up..

Fast forward to today., Somebody told me today about a program that would locate my 2014.. I quickly went to the site logged as I was logged in on the tablet. The program said it was searching, then came back and told me that my account has been erased from this device. Last online on 4/28/14. Whereas, if I had been sharp, or the policemen had been sharp, we could have got right online, and a map would have showed us where the tablet was.. Dam...

I am more pissed about the 2014 tablet, than the motorcycle racesuits, which will cost me a cool $2700 each to replace.. I will be replacing the tablet, but you can bet your bottom boots, I will have one of these locating programs on it, along with a code to get in... Since I travel on two wheels, smallness is nice. I loved that 2014 a lot. But, now I am forced to come back again. Might be getting the tab pro 8.4.. Will see..

BTW, since it was a POS van, I only had liabilty it.. Looking into my homeowners policy to see if I am covered there..

Dam thieves..

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Default Re: Note 10.1 2014 STOLEN....

What is the name of the program to locate your tablet? Someone might need it.

Avast does it

Believe there is a "lock" program/feature in tabled as it comes out of box..... IF you can "lock" it and thief does not have "key" it becomes useless....

Dale
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by nrthwds View Post
    What is the name of the program to locate your tablet? Someone might need it.
    Here it is with instruction. You will have to log into your google account. I had all my device in my google acount. As soon as went to site, went to andriod manager, logged in, it found my device, but told me my account was taken off 2 days ago.

Find your lost Android device with Android Device Manager - CNET

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    I was in what I would call a nice neighborhood, daylight, the vehicle I am driving, IMO, wasn't worth $100, and it was running on 3 cylinders. I was just riding it while my son was getting a car for me.. It was 2001 Chrysler mini-van. It was good to haul my bicycles around. Anyway, on Friday, I was supposed to pick up my motorcycle from the shop, so I was packing 2 race suits, helmet, gloves,and race boots and my beloved 10.1 2014, a set of Sony MDR 1RBTMK2, a set of Harman Kardon BT headphones, and my Nikon D5100 camera. Doors locked, light outside. I am talking for about anhour inside. When I open door and look, the POS van with all my stuff is gone!!! WTF!! That was on 4/25/14 on a Friday..Called police, they checked impound lots, nothing there. They made a report, and my son had to pick me up..

Fast forward to today., Somebody told me today about a program that would locate my 2014.. I quickly went to the site logged as I was logged in on the tablet. The program said it was searching, then came back and told me that my account has been erased from this device. Last online on 4/28/14. Whereas, if I had been sharp, or the policemen had been sharp, we could have got right online, and a map would have showed us where the tablet was.. Dam...

I am more pissed about the 2014 tablet, than the motorcycle racesuits, which will cost me a cool $2700 each to replace.. I will be replacing the tablet, but you can bet your bottom boots, I will have one of these locating programs on it, along with a code to get in... Since I travel on two wheels, smallness is nice. I loved that 2014 a lot. But, now I am forced to come back again. Might be getting the tab pro 8.4.. Will see..

BTW, since it was a POS van, I only had liabilty it.. Looking into my homeowners policy to see if I am covered there..

Dam thieves..
    Wow Really sorry to hear that !! Too many scumbags in this world...

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

That just sucks! Sorry I have two programs on my tablet (and phone) that can locate my devices. One takes a picture of the scumbag that that steals it (without them knowing) and I think both of them will sound an alarm and one will say things like "put down my phone!" Ceberus also installs without an icon to alert the thief it's installed. They both can lock and erase your info.
    The other one is Lookout. Both in the Playstore. Again, you lost your van, biking gear and tablet

For those who have a interest.....Bring up "Settings", go to "General", scroll down left side to "Security", take a peek at 'Find My Mobile"...

Dale
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    That just sucks! Sorry I have two programs on my tablet (and phone) that can locate my devices. One takes a picture of the scumbag that that steals it (without them knowing) and I think both of them will sound an alarm and one will say things like "put down my phone!" Ceberus also installs without an icon to alert the thief it's installed. They both can lock and erase your info.
    The other one is Lookout. Both in the Playstore. Again, you lost your van, biking gear and tablet
    Well, I am getting ready to get a new tablet. Sure enough, I will have security programs on my new tablet for sure, will be putting them on my phone too..

The van wasn't worth crap, my suits, boots and other gear, kind of hurt.. My homeowner's insurance is going to see what they can cover. Will find out after 30 days..
    Sad I didn't have those programs on it. I would have some conciliation if the thieves wound up with a useless brick, instead of a spotless 10.1 2014, in a double case, 64gb sd card,and a temp glass screen protector..