About Software updates

May 2, 2014
Visit site
My tablet is SM p-601 and I have no carrier does this means I will not get Software updates. Can I unroot this device easily? how to update to Kit Kat 4.42?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My tablet is SM p-601 and I have no carrier does this means I will not get Software updates. Can I unroot this device easily? how to update to Kit Kat 4.42?
Welcome to the forums! Actually, you don't need to be on a carrier to receive software upgrades. Take at look at the Samsung support page for more information on updating your device: Software Upgrade - THRU FOTA | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
The thing is I heard that it received many updates for the 4.3JB and I just bought it and checking for updates says that I have the Latest!

Not every region gets the same updates... the USA seems to have received the most so far.
I have an unlocked SM-P605 LTE that I bought from eBay and I only received 1 update one or two months ago.
If you want to be sure that you are not missing any updates for your region, download Kies 3 on your PC, plug in your tablet and it will verify that you have the latest firmware. We will all receive the KitKat update in the next few weeks/months it's just a question of being patient. KitKat was only released for the WiFi version so far, so you will have to wait... it's not a miraculous update so enjoy your tablet as is for now :)

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not every region gets the same updates... the USA seems to have received the most so far.
I have an unlocked SM-P605 LTE that I bought from eBay and I only received 1 update one or two months ago.
If you want to be sure that you are not missing any updates for your region, download Kies 3 on your PC, plug in your tablet and it will verify that you have the latest firmware. We will all receive the KitKat update in the next few weeks/months it's just a question of being patient. KitKat was only released for the WiFi version so far, so you will have to wait... it's not a miraculous update so enjoy your tablet as is for now :)

Though I agree with all your points, I wanted to correct one statement. Verizon in the US has already release the Kit Kat update for the LTE version of the Note 10.1 2014

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Though I agree with all your points, I wanted to correct one statement. Verizon in the US has already release the Kit Kat update for the LTE version of the Note 10.1 2014

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

Agreed. I suppose I didn't mention the SM-P605V because it's a bit of an oddball... I don't believe that firmware can be used on any other P605... I could be wrong though.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I suppose I didn't mention the SM-P605V because it's a bit of an oddball... I don't believe that firmware can be used on any other P605... I could be wrong though.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I think your correct.. out of the box as-is the firmware most probably won't be usable on other P605. Not an expert though..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc