Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Scrolling, PDFS & EPUBS

I was wondering if this only me, or this is a thing with note 10.1 or a thing with android platform or they are the app developers issues but, All the reading apps are really useless compared to ios ibooks, I tried all the apps like Moon+Reader, Aldiko, Adobe reader and they all have issues with scrolling and moving to other pages, well not issues but lags unreponsiveness or long(relativley) waiting for text to load and specially Aldiko(the app that is mostly praised!!). Is this normal with android phones/apps or this is just my note?

Note: I am even comparing with Ipad2(very low spec), just compared same adobe reader on both and scrolling on ipad is perfect even zooming but on note it is really lame, I want to know if this is somthing with android platform? so If I make an app it will be the same or this is because developers just couldnt optimize it enough?
    Last edited by Karim Tarabishy; 05-03-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Default Re: Scrolling, PDFS & EPUBS

I use moon reader+ and have no problems with lag at all. The scrolling is very fast and smooth.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by colint3 View Post
    I use moon reader+ and have no problems with lag at all. The scrolling is very fast and smooth.
    You own note 10.1 2014? because I tried moon reader and it is very slow in pdf actually I tried them all and they are very slowwwwwwwwww!! Can this be a problem with my tablet?

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7(Nook)

Quote Originally Posted by Karim Tarabishy View Post
    You own note 10.1 2014? because I tried moon reader and it is very slow in pdf actually I tried them all and they are very slowwwwwwwwww!! Can this be a problem with my tablet?
    Might be a problem with the PDF.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by WordPainter View Post
    Might be a problem with the PDF.
    Not really I have tried with several pdfs :S making me really annoyed. I have made everything I can disabling apps, clearing ram, trying other readers nothing seems to fix this.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7(Nook)

I don't have my Note yet but have several other Samsung Tabs (Tab 3 8.0, Tab 2 10.1, Tab 2 7.0). I've used Moon Reader + on all of them as well as Aldiko and the Kindle app and all handle PDFs beautifully. I think the problem is user error (i.e. the PDFs you're trying to read are ridiculously large, poorly formatted or have gotten corrupted somehow). If you're trying to access them from your SD card, try loading one directly on your device or accessing from the cloud. A low quality or damaged SD card can cause issues too.