Ordered a Note, Now I'm Worried

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I just ordered a 2014 Note 10.1 As someone who is a passionate amateur artist it sounded perfect. I'll use it to draw, read, surf the web, email, and take care of admin tasks related to my business. Then I read all the posts here about shattering screens and the black screen of death and I'm wondering if I've made a mistake. I realize even that even if a device has only a few people who have had issues they will naturally be louder than those who are happy, but should I be worried? Cancel my order?

By the way, I ordered the 32GB but a friend who is interested in getting one but can only afford the 16GB and is wondering if that's enough? He doesn't put movies or music on his devices (he uses the cloud) and is a light gamer. He only plays the social games like Candy Crush.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Stump3r

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hearing the bad over the good is standard. More people research and ask questions about problem devices so the numbers of defective units seem higher, when in reality it's the polar opposite. I've been running mine for months now and it's been my workhorse and has almost completely replaced my laptop! You'll be very happy with this tablet.
As for your friend, I always find more memory is better. Try to allow for future use.

Apanther

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
No need to worry. I left the iPad 4 to come to an Android tablet. I have long since left Apple for my phone (Galaxy Note 2). I have absolutely no regrets. There are a few apps that are stretched to fit the large screen that look awful (Facebook). But other than that, I am extremely happy with my choice. I love popping in a micro SD card, using multi-window, and gorgeous widgets on a tablet screen. I edit photos with Snapseed, and the screen and resolution are beautiful.

Dont, worry. Open it up and dont look back.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
For the 2012 the Amazon price difference between the 16 and 32 was like about 60 bucks. Not a grand amount up against 600. Skip a couple movies and eat cheap for a week. It will be worth it if it is still in that range of difference.
Given those parameters he probably can get by on a 16. But if there is another way to make up the difference, it will be worth it.

Sent from the tiny keyboard on my S4

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Shattered screens are because people are clumsy.... Anything that has a glass surface (or glass like material) will break if dropped....

Dale

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Check out Newegg they sell it around $530 I think for the 32gb currently and for most places is tax free unless your in those states who force sales tax even if that store has no presence in that state.

Sent from my SM-N900T

sir_miggy

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am a graphic artist and I bought this tablet to sketch and present work to clients an it has meet my expectations, I was also considering a SurfacePro. ..but I chose this one because of android and it's marketplace, more apps than windows.
Now with the new update, my tablet is warming up a just by surfing the Web.
I have the 3gb version, the more space, the better I think, but I all depends what you will be using the tablet for.
I agree with Dale, people are clumsy and that is how screens get broken. This is an expensive tablet, so I bought insurance with it. I had a tf300, I was clumsy, the lcd shattered, no insurance, now it is sitting under my bed till I decide whether or not I should fix it...or not.
Mig

pablomanila

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a P605. I upgraded from a N7000 Note 1. The Wacom screen is such an immersive experience for the artist. Do you know that you can export a Sketchbook Ink vector drawing up to 102 mega pixels? Hope you'll enjoy your Note 10.1 as much I do. Here's a sample of my Note drawing:

uploadfromtaptalk1399425840734.jpg

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

graewulf1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
If it helps any, I haven't even looked at my laptop in 4 months. I do everything on this tablet. It's a solid device.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I gave my mother my laptop...but I do have a desktop :) LOVE my tablet! This was my first tablet and my first Samsung device. I just upgraded my cell phone. Based on how I feel about the GN/2014, I bought the Samsung S5 :) Don't worry, you'll love it!
I first bought the 16GB version and quickly found out that wasn't going to work. I do have music and movies on mine (on the SD card) but still, you're left with just under 10GB on the tab after the OS and bloatware. Tell you friend to watch for sales. I ended up paying 50 LESS for my 32GB than the 16GB (Newegg.com) Someone here posted a 24hr sale.
Monica

iso99

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Besides Touchwiz UI, everything is fine. Even the battery is enough. In the past, I was using a netbook when I am outside to do work. I decided to try a tablet and Note 10.1 2014 is a beauty even when I saw it the first time. For the past two months, I was able to become productive the same way I was using the netbook (again noting that I work outside the usual office setup on most occassions) - using SSH to access server terminals, working on documents, reading ebboks and PDF files for technical readings. Even Sketchbook is great! I tried doodling there for an advertising banner which I exported to Photoshop. Now, all I need is a good bluetooth keyboard :)

Also, 16gb is enough for me. I am using an SD card to store heavy files.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Besides Touchwiz UI, everything is fine. Even the battery is enough. In the past, I was using a netbook when I am outside to do work. I decided to try a tablet and Note 10.1 2014 is a beauty even when I saw it the first time. For the past two months, I was able to become productive the same way I was using the netbook (again noting that I work outside the usual office setup on most occassions) - using SSH to access server terminals, working on documents, reading ebboks and PDF files for technical readings. Even Sketchbook is great! I tried doodling there for an advertising banner which I exported to Photoshop. Now, all I need is a good bluetooth keyboard :)

Also, 16gb is enough for me. I am using an SD card to store heavy files.

The problem with the 16gb version if you have upgraded to 4.4.2 kitkat is how SD card works on the phone.... I would honestly get the 32gb option if your looking at these brand new because it is only a few dollars more. Currently Newegg, Amazon and bestbuy is either selling it at that or will price match for $530 which is about $70 off MSRP

Sent from my SM-N900T

iso99

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
The problem with the 16gb version if you have upgraded to 4.4.2 kitkat is how SD card works on the phone.... I would honestly get the 32gb option if your looking at these brand new because it is only a few dollars more. Currently Newegg, Amazon and bestbuy is either selling it at that or will price match for $530 which is about $70 off MSRP

Sent from my SM-N900T

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. I am still on 4.3, sorry about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance