Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hancom Office Now Available

you can now download Hancom Office for Note 10.1 (2014). Apparently only available for Kit Kit 4.4.2. Cannot check earlier version since I have upgraded to Kit Kat. You can download from Samsung Apps on your tablet. You do have to search for it.
    Crediting user on xdadevelopers forums for providing information about availability.

Default Re: Hancom Office Now Available

Do you have a link? Nothing comes up when I search for it in Android Apps - I'm in Chicago - where are you? Are you in the USA? The XDA post I've seen is from Colombia.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am in the United States. I went to Samsung Apps on my tablet. I searched for Hancom Office and the six apps came up right away and I installed on my tablet. They are all working. Kit Kat Version 4.42 which I installed two weeks ago with Kies3.
    Hancom Office Updater
    Hancom Office Shared
    Hancom Office Widget
    Hancom Office Hshow 2014
    Hancom Office Hword 2014
    Hancom Office Hcell 2014

Darn, wish I had Samsung apps on my tablet.

Edit: I found the Samsung Apps apk here:
    http://apps.samsung.com/mars/mw/apk_...UNTRY_CODE=USA

Installed it and am now downloading the six Hancom apps as I type this.

Thank you Ray!
    Last edited by jimcapraro; 05-08-2014 at 01:52 PM.
    cwboftx likes this.

Wow! Hancom Office looks to be everything we had been expecting - It is the closest to MSoffice products that I have seen.

Is it working properly for you guys? I downloaded them and they crash when i start them up.

Posted via Android Central App

Same problem here-down loaded file and crashed.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Basic programs work me. I have not done anything serious yet. I will try to bring in some Microsoft files into the program to see how they perform.

No crashing here - have only used word so far, but runs well and smooth as butter

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Have now run them all and they work awesome. I think I can finally leave the laptop at home.

The uninstalled all the hancom apps and installled them again and it worked for me. The crashes were from trying to open a basic file.

It works on mine. It would be nice to have one icon instead of 3. The problem I have is availability on the Note 3 and Note 8. Not there, so for me, it is not a viable option. It appears to be compatible with Documents To Go in is Word module; however, the spreadsheet is not compatible with Documents To Go's spreadsheet module. Samsung should have a release for each Note: 2010-12, Note 8 & Note 3. The pdf module does not support "Save As". Frankly, it is not ready for prime time.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

Please confirm that I need Kitkat to run Hancom?

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger#IM View Post
    It works on mine. It would be nice to have one icon instead of 3.

You could put the icons in a folder...

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by tomlh View Post
    Please confirm that I need Kitkat to run Hancom?
    Hancom Office Updater states if you have "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.2 2014E" edition you must have tablet updated to KitKat to run other Hancom Office Editor Apps...

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    Thanked by:
    tomlh 

I have Kit Kat, however no matter how many times I install/uninstall the apps keep closing. Any suggestions ?

I had that problem yesterday. Will try again . I wonder if they should be downloaded in a special order?

I uninstalled all the hancom programs and installed them again and it worked for me.

I down loaded just like they are listed. Worked fine

Hi everyone. I'm new to Android tablet. What's the difference between this one and Google doc and word?

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBeanGurl View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new to Android tablet. What's the difference between this one and Google doc and word?
    Hancom Office is a very close clone to Microsoft Office. Google Docs is simply Google's free alternative to Microsoft Office... there is compatibility for straightforward document creation but if you are creating complicated tables with a lot of different formatting, you might not be very happy with the results... it is definitely not as feature rich as Office. Hancom is brand new for our tablet so the jury is still out but it's free and looks promising.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by charles777 View Post
    Hancom Office is a very close clone to Microsoft Office. Google Docs is simply Google's free alternative to Microsoft Office... there is compatibility for straightforward document creation but if you are creating complicated tables with a lot of different formatting, you might not be very happy with the results... it is definitely not as feature rich as Office. Hancom is brand new for our tablet so the jury is still out but it's free and looks promising.
    I agree. On my 10.1 2014, it's working fine. However, over time, we shall see how comparable it is.

The biggest difference: what the applications support. If you also have an older device, Hancom is problematic. I have the Note 10.1-14, Note 8 and 3. Hancom works only on the 10.4-14. Edit or create a file on the 10.1-14 is problematic should the need arise to edit it on the Note 8 or Note 3. Giggle works on all of the devices, as does Documents To Go, Office Suite, Kingsoft, Polaris, etc.

EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
    Thanked by 2:

I've been trying for days with my note 10.1 2014 with kit kat to download word and it closes, I uninstall and it closes continually. I emailed hancom about it but haven't heard back. Am I doing something wrong? I love the program on my note pro 12.

I am still having the problem with all of the apps closing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times and it has not helped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast