- 14 Posts
FINALLY UPGRADED! How to switch my content to my new 2014 Note?
Just purchased the 2014 version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, and I'm super excited! That said, I have a lot of apps and content on my original Samsung Galaxy Note tablet, including projects I can't lose(yay, art commissions!)
How on earth do I transfer the apps and content to my shiny new Note from my old one? I've gotten a new Micro SD card as well, with the higher storage capacity.**
A lot of my content is specific to the apps that I have, as well.
** With switching SD cards, is it by any chance as simple as dumping the contents of the Old one onto my PC, and then transferring those files onto my new card? Bear with me, I'm still learning!
So, can someone walk me through this? Any help would be greatly appreciated; I'm itching to start work on my new Note!
Posted via Android Central App
- 05-08-2014, 10:42 PM #2
- 503 Posts
Re: FINALLY UPGRADED! How to switch my content to my new 2014 Note?
If you have access to a PC just backup all your apps and data and "restore" to new tablet.....Kies 3 can do it... Dont know how well, but its only a one time shot.... IF if you can wifi between the two tables through local LAN you can FTP (File Transfer Protcol) with ES File Explorer (look in "network") ... OR use LAN based PC or networked hard drive as server/file store....
Also it may be possible to use USB cable and have both tablets plugged into PC and both tablets should show up as just a "external memory device" and you can drag and drop between memory devices...
Biggest headache may be finding where your data is stored on "old" tablet...
- 05-08-2014, 11:45 PM #3
- By buckifvr in forum HTC One M8 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 09-07-2015, 03:40 PM
- By juudje in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 10-06-2014, 05:13 AM
- By ghmacdonald in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 05-16-2014, 12:55 AM
- By humanracer in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 5Last Post: 05-09-2014, 04:54 PM
- By adwarner in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 05-08-2014, 02:05 PM