Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By monicakm
  • 1 Post By graewulf1
  • 1 Post By cominfou
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition?

Looked all over the internet, and got so many conflicting recommendations! So I'm Coming to you, Who actually own this tablet: What is the best screen protector for a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition tablet?

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Best Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition?

Samsung in instruction booklet that comes with tables says "NO PROTECTOR"....

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Lightbulb Re: Best Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition?

Well i'm using tempered glass screen protector. I bought from ebay. Stylus works perfectly fine. In short, i feel no difference after putting tempered glass. It looks amazing and better than plastic protectors. Check out these pictures of my tablet..

Best Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition?-img_1103.jpg

Best Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition?-img_1104.jpg

Best Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition?-img_1105.jpg

Best Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition?-img_1107.jpg

I don't know if it's the BEST or not but I'm very pleased with my Zagg HD Invisible-Shield protector. Life time guarantee. Have Best Buy install it and they will replace it if it ever goes bad.
    PalmPat58 likes this.

In my opinion, the best screen protector is a flip cover. It protects the screen when not in use and doesn't affect the device at all, plus it doubles as a stand when using it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Buzzardsroost likes this.

I'm a sketcher... Would the tempered glass protector mess with the S Pen? I don't just doodle but I have to make small soft strokes sometimes and don't want the protector to get in the way of that.

Well tempered glass screen protector just work as you have nothing on the screen. It act like a original screen. I use a hard tip for s-pen and i use the tablet to take notes in class, so it's very smooth and efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBeanGurl View Post
    I'm a sketcher... Would the tempered glass protector mess with the S Pen? I don't just doodle but I have to make small soft strokes sometimes and don't want the protector to get in the way of that.

The other day I held my phone for several seconds with my thumbnail gripping the screen. When I let go of the phone, I looked at the screen and noticed my nail print in the screen protector. You could actually feel it. Zagg claims this screen protector is "self healing"...and it is. Thumbnail indention is gone

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

I grabbed a tempered glass protector from eBay myself. Instalation wasn't to bad, and coincidentally the stylus worked perfectly in working out a few air bubbles. I still have the soft tip in my stylus and it works flawlessly. Feels like the real screen and is slightly better at not picking up fingerprints. The best feature is that since it's glass and not plastic, you're less likely to shatter the real screen during a "soft drop." This isn't to say that the tablet is now drop proof, but added protection is a good thing right?

yea true.. same thing here... but i have a hard tip on stylus. i bought it from ebay too.

Quote Originally Posted by tvouge View Post
    I grabbed a tempered glass protector from eBay myself. Instalation wasn't to bad, and coincidentally the stylus worked perfectly in working out a few air bubbles. I still have the soft tip in my stylus and it works flawlessly. Feels like the real screen and is slightly better at not picking up fingerprints. The best feature is that since it's glass and not plastic, you're less likely to shatter the real screen during a "soft drop." This isn't to say that the tablet is now drop proof, but added protection is a good thing right?

Which one did you get?

Notes from Deb's Note 3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Quote Originally Posted by tvouge View Post

It sounds like they're saying it will add protection against scratches but isn't an impact protector so the shock might shatter the protector.

And the "Soft Drop" doesn't really define how high that it. So I wouldn't recommend throwing it around haha