Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default poetic slimline is junk

I've never dropped this case. I've been very nice to it. It's not a bad case, but the junk plastic they use around the edges is garbage. Not only does it offer no protection to the tablet, but it didn't even stay on the tablet worth a crap. Now we know why it is so cheap.

Default Re: poetic slimline is junk

Not to defend them, but so far all the covers I've used with several tablets with that kind of 'locking' mechanism, have all cracked.

Granted, it shouldn't have happened if you haven't really dropped it or fiddled with it (i.e. getting the cover on and off the tablet several times).

Mine has a veeeery tiny crack but I fear that it'll start growing if I remove it and place it back a few times.

Hummm, I'll have to look to see if mine has cracked. It does seem to be getting a little looser. The cover has come off a couple of times. Poetic has a 3 year warranty. It "might" be covered. Well darn! Both of the bottom corners of the case are cracked :o It's very hard to see but it guess it's enough for the case to slip off under the right circumstances. I'm going to email the company about replacement.
    Edit: I just emailed Poetic about a replacement. I'll let you know what they say.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I love the design of the case, but the cheap plastic ruins it. I'm still looking for a replacement case that surrounds the tablet entirely. I like the tpu cases, but none have a cover.

Can't wait to hear what they say.

I have the same problem. Glad to see I am not alone. I didn't want to spend $50 on the Samsung cover maybe I should have.

Sent from my Note II

Just checked mine ya can add me to the list of broken cases

I love mine, it's been dropped, bitten by a horse, smashes around in my backpack and white coat pocket and showed no wear. What did crack that plastic corner nub? Just catching the edge of my desk when setting it down fairly normally. It still lasted months more before it broke and I crazy glued it and function is back to 100% 2nd corner cracked recently, did same repair, and it holds but is now slightly loose when standing. Will attempt poetic via Amazon in time but have a replacement waiting for me back in the states. A less brittle corner material would be great but I still really like it aesthetically and functionally, plus it fits easily onto the dock
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,797 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I have the same problem. Glad to see I am not alone. I didn't want to spend $50 on the Samsung cover maybe I should have.

Sent from my Note II
    I got the official Samsung cover and for what it does i love it ... Little pricey but oh well you just spent over $500 for it so why not?

Poetic is replacing my case. I emailed them a screen shot of my Amazon receipt and two pictures showing the cracked corners.
    Can't see the new one lasting much, if any, longer tho unless they've strengthened the plastic. I told them there were others on an Android forum that had the same problem.
    Monica