Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MP4 Files (Max Size?)

Hi All,

First post and signed up to ask this.

I have recorded an MP4 file on my Samsung P-600 and need to upload it so I can save it to a desktop on another computer (size is 483 MB). Have tried to upload to various places including E-mails (Yahoo and Google), Google drives and Dropbox but to no avail. I can therefore only assume that this is too large a file. Is that correct? Is there generally a maximum size of MP4 file that can be uploaded from a tablet?

Incidentally, the file is around 22 mins long.

Grateful for any responses to the questions or thoughts.

Default Re: MP4 Files (Max Size?)

I think it should be doable. I have uploaded mp4 close to 1gb to Google Drive

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Might be your e-mail service, some have restrictions on file size (anti piracy stuff )....

Umm.... Can you just transfer it via USB cable (or maybe wifi) or is it you do not have access to PC you want to send file to?..

Other options may be to use FTP transfer via LAN or I-net as long as one "system" is server and other is "client"... FTP is available through "networking" with ES File Explorer app...

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for responses. I do have access. Can I ask, when I click the option to send a file (or to upload- whatever..) which is the icon for USB transfer?

Actually if you connect tablet to PC with USB cable, tabled should come up under "My Computer" as a 'memory device'... All you have to do is click on it, and follow path to file you are looking for and drag and drop it on to PC (folder of choice) ......

Tablet connected via USB is no different than a memory stick in USB port as far as PC is concerned..

The hard part of this is finding where the file is stored on the tablet. Some recordings get buried fairly deep in the folder tree.

True... Maybe a utility like ES File Explorer can find it (in file tree) if you use search and know file name...