- 1 Posts
Data Recovery W/ Broken Screen?
Hey guys, first post here... The screen died on my tablet and I'm sending it in to Samsung for service. I want to recover my data before I send it off but it's PIN protected and I can't unlock it so that it will communicate with my computer. I can tell the touchscreen is still working because I can feel the haptic feedback. I'm wondering if someone can send me a screenshot of their PIN lock screen so that I can print it out and lay it over the screen to tell where the buttons are. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- 05-20-2014, 01:48 AM #2
- 276 Posts
Re: Data Recovery W/ Broken Screen?
Here u go:
But if the screen just went black and not damaged. Then it can easily be fixed, its just the LCD ribbon came loose after a while and probably by all shaking while handling it by times. Just a very bad assembling at factory and alot gave same problem with the scren went total black.
Here is a post showing how it looks inside and leftside is the LCD ribbon cable. Backcover can be easily open with nails.
What I didnt mentioned in that post, its at the bottom of the LCD ribbon cable (that been taped over, can see in picture) that became loose and just need to secure it and use some electric tape to secure it. It can also be might top of the LCD cable that is loose, just secure it too.
Instead to send it to Samsung service for few minutes job, wait weeks before get it back and who knows how much scracthes it will have when it comes back.
In short, it just the LCD ribbon cable that became loose and just needs to be removed and reattached again.
- By Fifth Element 1984 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 06-28-2014, 09:24 PM
- By TabGuy in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 10Last Post: 05-21-2014, 09:36 PM
- By John Ball1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 1Last Post: 05-19-2014, 09:22 PM
- By John Reid1 in forum HTC One XReplies: 0Last Post: 05-19-2014, 07:22 PM
- By bhyde in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-19-2014, 04:22 PM