Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can t read pdf email attachments

After downloading the attachment l am given the option of viewing it in Adobe Reader or Polaris office. However adobe reader then tells me the file is empty and Polaris office tells me an error occurred. When l view the email again it states 100% under the attachment ......This makes me think the attachment is available to view but I can't do so. Thanks for any help. Regards Lf

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Can t read pdf email attachments

Ask for a resend.

Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

i have the same issue, and have had re-sends, same issue, whether its a energy bill, phone bill, payslip i cant open any of them on my device. used to be able to when i first got the phone then it auto updated and havent been able to since.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Glad I m not alone Tarryn. What l did read during my quest to solve this mystery is that the new version of Adobe Reader will not let Pdf thru if the senders blah blah doesn't t meet the strict standards Adobe Reader has for Pdf . One way around it is to download a older version of Adobe Reader which doesn't have such strict standards. HOW ON EARTH DO I FINE AN OLD VERSION AND DO THAT. I can t tel my boss to upgrade his blah blah to meet the standards or l may not have a boss after that. Haha Regards Greg

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Adobe is not only game in town...... Try somebody elses reader apps... Lots of "free" apps out there that work.....Check Amazon apps store or Google Play....

Garbed this one other day when it was on Amazons "free app of the day".... So far its opened anything I have tried....

Amazon.com: PDF Max - The PDF Expert for Android: Appstore for Android

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    Thanked by 2:

Hi Greg, I think it was since the adobe reader updared.. so I uninstalled adobe reader.. reopened my attachments and they opened in polaris office viewer and seem to be working..... for now..... regards