Keyboard action question

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Been a while Since I've posted here, dealing with some health issues, but stop in and read from time to time.

So here is my question. Is there any way, on any keyboard, while in a remote session, either rdp lite or MS remote, to send a ctrl-c to copy a highlighted block of text. Then, same question to send ctrl-v to paste the copied text. Sometimes I can get a long press to bring up the right click menu and select copy, but it's very sporadic and iffy to get it to work.

Any suggestions appreciated

jimcapraro

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Four years ago I installed "Phone my PC" - a remote desktop program on my Droid X. It has an option to "turn on" Control, Alt, Delete, and Windows keys for the next remote keypress.

I just tried it with my GNote 10.1 2014 edition connecting to my desktop and Control "c" (copy) / Control "v" (paste) work as they should. Here is a link to the app:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.softwareforme.PhoneMyPC&token=Plc9GpBU

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
well your suggestion lead me to look for a free alternative, and i found one yay

Its called hackers keyboard and has a ctrl key that works like a charm.

So thanks for leading me down the right path

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Was going to suggest "Hackers Keyboard"... I find I like it better than all alternative "swipe" and "what ever" ones.... Its more traditional PC styled and has lots of keys similar to PC keyboard... I use FN (to switch keyboard screens) and arrow keys alot.....

Dale

jimcapraro

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I had no idea it is $15 - When I picked it up "way back when" I think it only cost $1.99

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk. Wow, hacker's keyboard - I used to use that on my original Motorola Xoom - it was the first keyboard to give you a split keyboard "thumb typing" layout.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Diane! Glad you found something that works, and sorry to hear about the health issues. Hope you're doing well!

ScreenScribe

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I've downloaded the Hackers Keyboard app. Before enabling it, I have a question: Can it be disabled easily, if I want to revert to the Samsung keyboard? Or must it be uninstalled?

Thanks very much for the tip -- looking forward to using H.K.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've downloaded the Hackers Keyboard app. Before enabling it, I have a question: Can it be disabled easily, if I want to revert to the Samsung keyboard? Or must it be uninstalled?

Waiting for a reply to this too.
Diane, I've been wondering where you were but didn't feel like I "knew" you well enough to put out an APB. Hope you're feeling mucho better!

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

You can select either keyboard in "Settings" > "Control" > "Keyboard and input methods"....

IF you have installed Hackers Keyboard and are using it, and you go back to Samsung keyboard or Google voice typing, you may have to initialize Hackers Keyboard again when you co back to it... But its only a key stroke or two in H.K. "setup"...

Nothing to worry about, just do it....

Dale

Last edited:

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hackers keyboard fun...

IF you are using hackers keyboard, and you need special charaters you do not see.... Try This...

Long Press " circle key" between "Fn" and "left arrow" key and type specific character codes and to get special characters....

"oo" gets you "?" ( degree) (windows ALT+ 0176)
"oc" gets you "?" (copyright) (windows ALT+ 0169)
"or" gets you "?" (registered) (windows ALT+ 0174)

And many more...

See hackers keyboard FAQ on website and glean more "codes" from "source files"...

Scroll down to "What does the Circle key do?"

FrequentlyAskedQuestions - hackerskeyboard - Frequently Asked Questions - Hacker's Keyboard, a 5-row keyboard using full PC key layout for Android tablets or phones - Google Project Hosting

ComposeSequence.java - hackerskeyboard - Hacker's Keyboard, a 5-row keyboard using full PC key layout for Android tablets or phones - Google Project Hosting

Dale

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hackers keyboard fun...

Ya you easily switch back n forth between whatever kb's you have installed/enabled.

Thanks Dale, some cool tips. Wonder why stock kb or Swiftkey, or Swype does not include actrl key.

Monica, I'm hanging in, been a very rough few months, started with hip replacement surgery, that developed an infection in the incision, that required deep washout second surgery, that left me with a GIANT wound hole, that needed to be set up with a wound vac to heal, which is a painful pita, needing painful dressing changes every other day. Then just to add to my fun, had to do a 3rd surgery for some debridenent of necrotic tissue, that resulted in uncovering another infection, that I'm doing 3x a day iv antibiotics , so yaaa life of late has not been fun. Hope thats not tmi. But thru it all my trusty note 10.1 2014 has been invaluable

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
God speed on this. I recently got over an infection that had a few Clostridium perfringens uninvited friends hanging around. Lots of heavy duty antibiotics. Throughout the treatment, my Note 8 and Lecture Notes was used to document the treatment. Impressed the doctors were and all stated everyone should take the interest I did. It was fascinating to check/verify information in real time.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about all of those complications! One thing I'd suggest is to take a daily probiotic like Culturelle, since you've been on antibiotics so much. It may help reduce the risk for C difficile diarrheal infections.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Ive taken Align for over a year, and eat a greek yogurt every morning.
Bclinger#im,, what was your infection from? What ABX Were you on? I'm on merrem,

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hackers keyboard fun...

Ya you easily switch back n forth between whatever kb's you have installed/enabled.

Thanks Dale, some cool tips. Wonder why stock kb or Swiftkey, or Swype does not include actrl key.

Monica, I'm hanging in, been a very rough few months, started with hip replacement surgery, that developed an infection in the incision, that required deep washout second surgery, that left me with a GIANT wound hole, that needed to be set up with a wound vac to heal, which is a painful pita, needing painful dressing changes every other day. Then just to add to my fun, had to do a 3rd surgery for some debridenent of necrotic tissue, that resulted in uncovering another infection, that I'm doing 3x a day iv antibiotics , so yaaa life of late has not been fun. Hope thats not tmi. But thru it all my trusty note 10.1 2014 has been invaluable

Oh bless your heart! I can't even imagine the pain you've endured :( Only TMI because it (could) hit close to home so it's pretty scary to read. I've been having pain, the kind of pain that is a game changer, in the left hip area. Had an xray, results aren't in yet. Disc and sciatica issues that affect that side anyway so at this point I don't know if it's a new level of previous issues or a new one.
Sounds like you still have a ways to go in the recovery process. Hope your on the downhill part of all of this mess and at some point SOON, this will be a distant (bad) memory.
Monica

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about all of those complications! One thing I'd suggest is to take a daily probiotic like Culturelle, since you've been on antibiotics so much. It may help reduce the risk for C difficile diarrheal infections.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

I'm a big believer of pro-biotics! I've been taking Align for about 3 years and for the last 6 months or so, an additional acidophilus tablet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there's some decent data that's come out about their ability to prevent C difficile infections, but it's tough to study, since they're considered supplements and not medications. So they're not regulated by the FDA, and therefore there isn't any real standardization of the various preparations.

Ok, probably time to get back to Android stuff, or else we'll drive everyone else away!:p

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine started out as bursitis, the right knee. Kneeling full on the knee cap was a good place to start. As for the nasty microbe, it had to have worked its way through my jeans. I am at the last stage of the excess swelling. Full leg movement, though the knee cap is still sensitive to kneeling with any real weight. Thanks for asking. Take care of your knees!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon