Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't scroll through albums in stock photo gallery

Hey all. So I recently decided to wipe my Wifi Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) tablet after having had the latest KitKat update for a few weeks. No reason for this really; it was actually running well and I didn't have any complaints. But I hadn't wiped it since I bought it, so I figured I'd get rid of clutter.

After "starting fresh" (no, I didn't let all of the apps auto-restore), everything is generally running well, but the stock photo gallery app is even worse than I remember it. It was always pretty abysmal performance-wise, but it seemed to run better after the KitKat upgrade. Now, after wiping, it is again very unresponsive and generally unusable. And a new problem has cropped-up: I can't scroll through my albums. When I do attempt to scroll (which I could formerly do by swiping up/down anywhere on the screen), the first album I initially touch gets opened--like it's not recognizing a swipe and instead just sending a "tap". When I go back and try again, checkmarks appear on the albums because I've somehow entered "multi select mode". Again, these issues only appeared after the factory reset.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Any resolutions?

Thanks.