another new issue

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you all are getting sick of me complaining about this tablet, but I have never in my life ever seen such a horrendously expensive piece of crap. This is my screen as of this morning. Nothing changed or happened. Went to bed, woke up and the screen was like this. The problem is with the backlighting.

20140531_111652_zpsf4tchhku.jpg

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
It's also taking forever to turn on now. I push the power button and it's a good 10 seconds before the screen comes on. It's never done that before. I installed nova launcher reciently and thought maybe that was the problem, but after uninstalling nova launcher the problem still persists.

pablomanila

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
People have been helping and telling you since March to have your unit replaced. Be kind to yourself. Do it now.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I was on the phone with Samsung and they had me reboot the tablet. After rebooting the screen was black. I have no screen now. Needless to say it's headed back to Samsung. What really sucks is I'm going to lose my 50.00 spigen screen protector.

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Just an update. All of these issues with the screen, backlight, and turning on slow were related to the cable in the back coming lose I guess. I repositioned the cable and turned it back on and all is well. I am still going to send it in because of the overheating and crashing problem.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's clear you have no idea how to use this tablet. Get something dumb for dummies like an iPad and stop your whining and complaining. This is a great tablet and few if any have had problems, and when they have it was usually user stupidity or carelessness like your loose charging cable. Now you are going to be bugging samsung with non-problems. , but please leave us alone, hope I'm not out of line.

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I should be more clear. This is a common issue with this tablet. The ribbon cable underneath the back of the tablet comes lose for no reason and causes backlighting issues. After a reboot it then causes the black screen of death.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Unresponsiv?: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Unresponsive Black Screen - YouTube

I've had a lot of problems with this tablet. I'm not a technology retard. Samsung has a problem with quality control. I believe this to be the best tablet on the market next to the ipad. Mine is going back and hopefully all my problems are just related to me getting a bad unit, like a lot of other people have had.

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
well my poor baby is in the mail and headed back to Samsung. I'm sorry if I come off as a Samsung hater I'm really not. I love my tablet I just wish it would work right.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I understand your frustration and I truly hope you get good replacement. I don't think it's right that your being called names. I pampered my original note 10.1 and the USB port just stopped working. I didn't do anything wrong and yet it broke. I just got rid of it and bought the newer edition. Now I have the Note Pro and they both work well so far.

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine is perfect. No issues. There can be bad ports. It happens. I had it happen on a phone. But not on my tablets

Posted from my awesome Note3

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
For the issues you identified, are there any tests that you can do that now will not reproduce the original issues? Also, was this repaired under warranty(except shipping)?

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
It was repaired under warranty. The screen blanking out is a known issue and easy fix. It still gets warm, but not as hot as it did. I had a lot of things turned off and maybe that was causing some of the problems. After the factory reset I just left everything on.

I am still having crashing issues. It's random and isn't really re-producable. I guess is just something I'll have to deal with unless I decide on getting the surface pro 3.

I wasn't charged anything. In fact when they sent the tablet back they sent it with a new factory cable that is quite a bit longer than the one that came in the box. It should have came this long to begin with.