Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dual Screen.

I've had my 10.1 2014 since the 1st of the year and love it. No problemos. Was wondering though - is there a way to use the duel screen for other apps and functions that are not on the side bar? I have downloaded a bunch of maps into my gallery. I have books in my Nook file and Kindle file. I would like to be able to be reading a book and open up a map so they are side by side. Any help is appreciated. Love this forum.

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Dual Screen.

Quote Originally Posted by grove53 View Post
    I've had my 10.1 2014 since the 1st of the year and love it. No problemos. Was wondering though - is there a way to use the duel screen for other apps and functions that are not on the side bar? I have downloaded a bunch of maps into my gallery. I have books in my Nook file and Kindle file. I would like to be able to be reading a book and open up a map so they are side by side. Any help is appreciated. Love this forum.

Well @grove I am sorry but I can't understand the idea behind the dual screen does that mean you are trying to connect your note with the HDMI cable too..... :O Could you please elaborate more on this ?

Mantano Reader works on multi-window. You can read your e book on one window while browsing your maps using the gallery on the other window or even switch to Google maps.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Kelly - What I mean is I want to have 2 screens side by side that are from my own files not something from the sidebar. I want to be able to be reading a Kindle book and pull up a map next to it. I recently took an online course and wished I could have been reading course material and opened up some maps from my files. I'm hoping someone will know how to do that if it is possible. Hope I'm making myself clear.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

are you talking about multi window? Some apps are not compatible with multi window that is why you dont see them on the selection list. there are alternatives but they require rooting.