Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kindle app which is best?

I am new to reading books on my tablet I am using the Samsung Kindle app and am disappointed at the limited customization. Would the play or Amazon app be better? Which do people RE moment?

Default Re: Kindle app which is best?

Try the Amazon Kindle App. It has a nice layout.

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

DEFINITELY use the standard Kindle App, better layout and latest updates.
    Word of warning though: when I tried to deregister the profile for the Kindle for Samsung on the Amazon website (Manage your devices option)... it deregistered BOTH apps, and even after uninstalling the Kindle for Samsung app, re-registering the original Kindle App restored the two profiles (taking one additional slot for devices). It's not a problem if you don't have more than 5 Kindle devices (or apps for several devices), but if you do, this will max out your limit and you won't be able to sync your books. I solved this by contacting Amazon and asked them to manually deregister the Kindle for Samsung app.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Kindle Allison (predictive text: should be application) has a slow response time with the National Geographic magazine, probably due to its intensive graphics. With regular books, it is OK.

Sent via my Note 8

Used to user Cool reader but it started crashing. Now use Moon reader which is good. Try them.

I also use Moon Reader Pro.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

If you download the Amazon App through the Samsung Apps to your Samsung product it gives you a choice of 1 free book from a choice of 4 every month. Choices of free books might not be for everyone but the two I downloaded are decent. The app works with the regular Amazon to and you any books you get through Amazon store. The books I downloaded work both with my tablet and also my Samsung phone.

I tried to use the Moon reader but I can't download my books in the epub or pdf format.

I think you need the pro version for PDFs. But Epubs should work although I use Mobi files.

I do have the pro version

I went to the Google books website and picked pdf. That didn't work so I picked epub and that to didn't work.