Samsung Tablet 10.1 (2014 ed) Stuck in ODIN Mode - how to get out?

cwboftx

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Was checking out the factory reset using power on/volume up/menu button and when prompted to press up to continue or press down meant to press down and instead pressed up which threw up the downloading screen do not turn off.
It has been running for over an hour and no change and want to know if it is really down loading or stuck.
Tablet is WIFI version and had KITKAT 4.4.2 on it.

What are my options at this point?
Wait out the download if working?
Power off and restart?
I have plugged in the charger so it does not run out of power while waiting.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

..CWBOFTx

Lug il Marziano

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem.

It begun when I found the tablet trying to restart, but being stuck on the "SAMSUNG" banner.

Then I tried to reset it, but instead of the two icons, it went directly into ODIN Mode. If I try to restart it (holding the power button), the all begins again!

Dunno what to do now.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Might try procedure below to see if you can get into "safe mode" and bypass what ever is ruining your day...

"Press and hold the Power button until the first Samsung logo appears (Splash screen) , then release. When the second Samsung logo screen appears, press and hold the Volume down button. Continue to hold the Volume Down button until Safe mode appears in the lower left corner of the screen."

Maybe it will clear what ever is causing problem at boot...

Dale

miztrniceguy

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Holding the Power button to force reboot only brings the screen that says Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and it does not power off. Holding Power and Volume Down to get to Recovery Menu brings up a warning screen about installing custom OS and choice of Volume Up= continue or Volume Down =Cancel (restart phone). Volume Down does NOT restart , just takes back to the previous Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 screen. Volume Up takes yo to the next screen that says it is downloading. But it never says what it is downloading and just sits there.View attachment 231072

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Try to hold down the power button until the tablet turns off.
If you cannot turn off, remove the back cover and disconnect and reconnect your battery. To eliminate the problem of a stuck Volume button, turn the tablet on without the back cover.

Mutiu Jokomba

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
Deke218 that is not what i meant, the solution is that; forget pressing the power button and the up/down button in this situation. Press the power button and the Home button the it will take you to where you can erase and set you phone to factory setting. Don't hesitate to share if this solution work for you

Thanks
Ade

kritikon

Jan 25, 2018
Visit site
Beut is right. I just had the same issue and pressing buttons together didn't get my tab3 out of Odin mode...I can get into Odin mode but not out of it. Take off the back (run a credit card around the edge of the screen/back - fiddly but should come off if you persist). Unclip the battery lead (white plastic thing with 6 red/blue/black leads going into it, and leave it off for 10 secs or so. Reclip the battery lead back in, then it should reboot as normal when you press the power button. You can leave the back off while you do this just in case, then clip it back on once you know your tab is working. I've done this before when I had the black screen of death for unknown reasons, and once when the battery was nearly dead and it wouldn't restart - taking the battery lead off seems to be a general reset trick. So far it's worked every time when my tab goes gaga. Don't be frightened of taking the back off...there's nothing connected to the back and it WILL clip off if you loosen all the edges - the corners are the difficult bit.

kritikon

Jan 25, 2018
Visit site
And I forgot to say - there are vids of how to take the back off your tab on the net if you look (sorry can't remember where I saw it), just in case you're wary of doing it. When you've done it once, you know it's easy and you won't break anything. The insides of your tablet are pretty uninspiring TBH.

Teemu Laulajainen

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
And I forgot to say - there are vids of how to take the back off your tab on the net if you look (sorry can't remember where I saw it), just in case you're wary of doing it. When you've done it once, you know it's easy and you won't break anything. The insides of your tablet are pretty uninspiring TBH.

Disconnected the battery but same situation as folks above. Tried flashing but not yet results. Stuck as a rock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7