Charger plugged in?

Martin Page

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
This has probably been answered before but can a charger be left plugged in to an outlet/electricity mains without being plugged into the Note? The charger always gets warm when charging but cools down when the Note is at 100% battery life or when no cable is connected to the charger. I know I've heard horror stories of chargers catching fire when left plugged into the electricity supply without actually doing any charging...

Posted via Android Central App

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine stays plugged in 24/7... Probably consumes a few cents of electricity when not in use .... But I did not see any increase in electric bill.... Has not seem to have any effect on charger and it been 6 months now...

Dale

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't keep plugged in when not using. I just feel better not. Same with my printer and laptop

Posted from my awesome Note3

Dr Law

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
ANY mains transformer charger, when plugged into the mains and switched on, will consume current, whether it is charging a device or not, but will consume most current when actively charging.
This is because transformers have two or more coils which are not physically connected. They produce the charging current by induction.
Transformers should therefore always be disconnected from the mains supply when not in use, to stop electricity wastage, and to prevent overheating and the associated fire risk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt