Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default Battery Life Horrible since updating to Kit Kat

Ever since I updated to Kit Kat I noticed that the battery life is horrible on my 2014 Note 10.1. And the standby is especially bad. I could have a near fully charged battery and if I forget to plug it in overnight it is always dead the next day. Now the standby was never great but it lasted longer than overnight before Kit Kat.

I'm so tired of doing factory resets. I think I'm selling this tablet. I'm done with Samsung.

Default Re: Battery Life Horrible since updating to Kit Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Eddster View Post
    Ever since I updated to Kit Kat I noticed that the battery life is horrible on my 2014 Note 10.1. And the standby is especially bad. I could have a near fully charged battery and if I forget to plug it in overnight it is always dead the next day. Now the standby was never great but it lasted longer than overnight before Kit Kat.

I'm so tired of doing factory resets. I think I'm selling this tablet. I'm done with Samsung.
    It sounds like you have a rogue app that's eating your battery. I lose about 3 or 4% after 12 hours on standby. I am not rooted by the way. There are some apps in the Play Store that can monitor and detect which apps are using the most juice. Sounds like your issue existed before KitKat. Do you have a 3rd party case with magnets by any chance? It might be keeping your screen on even with your case closed and that could eat your battery as well. You may have to play detective but I'm sure it's a solvable issue. It's a solid tablet with really decent battery life.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that, my upgrade to kk went fine and do no notice much difference in battery usage.. Fact is tablet seems pretty much the same as when on jb.

Dale
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

All tablets have battery life problems. Must disable any unnecessary parameters to keep a normal battery life
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charles777 View Post
    It sounds like you have a rogue app that's eating your battery. I lose about 3 or 4% after 12 hours on standby. I am not rooted by the way. There are some apps in the Play Store that can monitor and detect which apps are using the most juice. Sounds like your issue existed before KitKat. Do you have a 3rd party case with magnets by any chance? It might be keeping your screen on even with your case closed and that could eat your battery as well. You may have to play detective but I'm sure it's a solvable issue. It's a solid tablet with really decent battery life.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Hmmmm I do use a 3rd party cover with magnets. I'll look into that along with the Play store monitoring apps. Thanks for the suggestion.