This or Newer Tablet?

Rackstraw

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
I've long considered getting the 2014 edition and now there are some sales from T-Mobile to have it for 0 down.

Would prefer to have the latest/greatest, though. Might prefer to wait a few months and see what comes out.

What all other 10-inch Android tablets are coming out that beat the Note 2014 Edition?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The newer tab pro have the same specs, the up coming tab s will be better but won't include the s pen and note features. In my opinion the note 10.1 is the best because of the pen.

Posted via Android Central App

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I had a chance to play around with new Galaxy S 10.4 at Best Buy last week. Store had demo but ready for sale until this week. It seems to work just like my Note 10.1 except no SPen. The only thing I noticed the display seemed a little brighter due to new screen. Problem is the price is the same as the Note 10.1 (2014 Edition). The 8.4 S Tablet does look nice if you want a smaller form factor. However if you want a smaller form factor with an SPen try finding last year's Note 8.0 (upgradeable to kitkat)

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I had a chance to play around with new Galaxy S 10.4 at Best Buy last week. Store had demo but ready for sale until this week. It seems to work just like my Note 10.1 except no SPen. The only thing I noticed the display seemed a little brighter due to new screen. Problem is the price is the same as the Note 10.1 (2014 Edition). The 8.4 S Tablet does look nice if you want a smaller form factor. However if you want a smaller form factor with an SPen try finding last year's Note 8.0 (upgradeable to kitkat)
Also forgot to mention new S tablets have standard Samusumg UI not the Magazine UI.
Also I am trying Nova Launcher on my Note 10.1 (2014 edition) and the tablet does seem be a lot snappier, maybe perception? All Apps work as normal except my magazine.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I love this tablet. I love the spen. I don't use it all the time but I do use it. Having that option is a plus. Can't beat this tablet. Perfect size. I had the wifi 8.0 version. Just too small for me but it is still a great device. But my 2014 is Verizon 4G and can use free wifi if out and about.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Also forgot to mention new S tablets have standard Samusumg UI not the Magazine UI.
Also I am trying Nova Launcher on my Note 10.1 (2014 edition) and the tablet does seem be a lot snappier, maybe perception? All Apps work as normal except my magazine.

What are you talking about the Magazine UX is the Normal Samsung UI now ... which is does have

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that bothers me about the Note 10.1 2014 edition is the location of the charging port it would of been better if it was located on the side.