Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alxarambula
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question This or Newer Tablet?

I've long considered getting the 2014 edition and now there are some sales from T-Mobile to have it for 0 down.

Would prefer to have the latest/greatest, though. Might prefer to wait a few months and see what comes out.

What all other 10-inch Android tablets are coming out that beat the Note 2014 Edition?

Default Re: This or Newer Tablet?

The tab s that got announced will have LTE variants

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- Verizon
    Motorola Droid Turbo - Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- t-mobile
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32GB Wifi
    Apple iPad Air 2 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3- T-mobile
    Nexus 5 32GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket AT&T
    iPhone 4 AT&T
    iPhone 3GS AT&T

If you need S pen, nothing beats Note lineup.

The newer tab pro have the same specs, the up coming tab s will be better but won't include the s pen and note features. In my opinion the note 10.1 is the best because of the pen.

Posted via Android Central App

I had a chance to play around with new Galaxy S 10.4 at Best Buy last week. Store had demo but ready for sale until this week. It seems to work just like my Note 10.1 except no SPen. The only thing I noticed the display seemed a little brighter due to new screen. Problem is the price is the same as the Note 10.1 (2014 Edition). The 8.4 S Tablet does look nice if you want a smaller form factor. However if you want a smaller form factor with an SPen try finding last year's Note 8.0 (upgradeable to kitkat)

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Hubbard View Post
    I had a chance to play around with new Galaxy S 10.4 at Best Buy last week. Store had demo but ready for sale until this week. It seems to work just like my Note 10.1 except no SPen. The only thing I noticed the display seemed a little brighter due to new screen. Problem is the price is the same as the Note 10.1 (2014 Edition). The 8.4 S Tablet does look nice if you want a smaller form factor. However if you want a smaller form factor with an SPen try finding last year's Note 8.0 (upgradeable to kitkat)
    Also forgot to mention new S tablets have standard Samusumg UI not the Magazine UI.
    Also I am trying Nova Launcher on my Note 10.1 (2014 edition) and the tablet does seem be a lot snappier, maybe perception? All Apps work as normal except my magazine.

I love this tablet. I love the spen. I don't use it all the time but I do use it. Having that option is a plus. Can't beat this tablet. Perfect size. I had the wifi 8.0 version. Just too small for me but it is still a great device. But my 2014 is Verizon 4G and can use free wifi if out and about.

sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Also forgot to mention new S tablets have standard Samusumg UI not the Magazine UI.
    Also I am trying Nova Launcher on my Note 10.1 (2014 edition) and the tablet does seem be a lot snappier, maybe perception? All Apps work as normal except my magazine.
    What are you talking about the Magazine UX is the Normal Samsung UI now ... which is does have

The one that came preinstalled on tablet that I bought from Best Buy in February 2014.

The one that came preinstalled on tablet that I bought from Best Buy in February 2014.
    You Said "new s tablets" .....

And the Note 10.1 2014 has the Magazine thing ... Just flip the screen up

The only thing that bothers me about the Note 10.1 2014 edition is the location of the charging port it would of been better if it was located on the side.

Closingracer likes this.