Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default s-pen pressure sensitive line thickness

I'm pretty sure when I set up this device I found a setting that turned on pressure sensitivity for s-pen line thickness. I now want it turned off so I get a consistent line thickness regardless of minor variations in pressure, but I can't find this setting. I've spent hours looking for this, is there a setting for this or did I dream it??

SM-P605 model

Default Re: s-pen pressure sensitive line thickness

I believe s pen settings are app specific

This is from the sketchbook app

s-pen pressure sensitive line thickness-tmp_screenshot_2014-06-21-12-43-10-654857618.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s-pen pressure sensitive line thickness-tmp_screenshot_2014-06-21-12-43-10-654857618.jpg  
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok thanks, does anyone know how to adjust line thickness for S-note? Cannot find in S-note settings how to change this. You appear to have pressure sensitivity turned off as you line thickness is quite consistent. Mine is not regardless how careful I am with pressure.

Just select the pen in the top left corner and drop down box appears. Half way down that box is a slider to select the pen thickness. You can also select different pen types and the colour from here.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s-pen pressure sensitive line thickness-screenshot_2014-06-22-00-59-02.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

To be clear, I want to turn off pressure sensitivity for line thickness.

Yes I also want to have same thickness regardless presure because I use it to write equation and writing a^2 + b^2 = c^ 2 if the width changes is confusing to students.
    How to turn OFF the change of the thickness. Yes I know how to select a thickness but that thickness varies with presure.
    --thanks

If you use the sketchbook select options > pen mode and select off.
    s-pen pressure sensitive line thickness-sketchbook.jpg

There are no global settings for the pressure input. It has to be adjusted per app. If you're using the included Sketchbook app you have to click on a brush and change the minimum and maximum pressure influence settings for that particular brush. If you use the S-Note app, there is no way to turn off the pressure influence but you can choose the pen, which has the least influence from pressure and make the cursor as small as it goes. This will give you mostly consistent line width.

This app is papyrus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s-pen pressure sensitive line thickness-1415629682645.jpg  

Example
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s-pen pressure sensitive line thickness-1415629825826.jpg