With new s' tab, bestbuy & amzn raises $$$ for note

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Weird but BB raised price today from $459 to $499 for the 2014 note, and amazon went from 459 to 479. While BB will match amazon, wonder why prices are up. I thought they'd be down now that the new amoled S is being sold today at full 499 price. My wife was going to buy a n 2014 today at BB for 459 but not now. My guess re the price increase is to get people to buy the new S since it's just $20 more at amzn and the SAME price as BB. Btw sears is selling the s with the free samsung case.

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy and probably others have been given a $50.00 discount off the regular retail price for several months now. It seems they are just changing the amount of discount not the regular retail price. Also I was at my local Best Buy yesterday and the Samsung rep confirmed the retail price for Samsung S 10.4 16 gig is $499.00. It appears both devices are the same retail price. On a side note I had my Note 10.1 (2014 edition) with me. The store had the new tablet on display. The only difference I could see side by side is the front frame on the Samsung S is narrower. Could not really say any difference in display.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy and probably others have been given a $50.00 discount off the regular retail price for several months now. It seems they are just changing the amount of discount not the regular retail price. Also I was at my local Best Buy yesterday and the Samsung rep confirmed the retail price for Samsung S 10.4 16 gig is $499.00. It appears both devices are the same retail price. On a side note I had my Note 10.1 (2014 edition) with me. The store had the new tablet on display. The only difference I could see side by side is the front frame on the Samsung S is narrower. Could not really say any difference in display.
Amoled screens have much more vibrant colors and a bit to saturated for some people. Amoled makes the screen more pop out imo I also exchanged 3 note 10.1 2014 edition at Newegg for light bleeding issues which can only happen with lcd screens since amoled screens don't have a backlight. The only thing I miss with my galaxy tab s is the pen

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Amoled screens have much more vibrant colors and a bit to saturated for some people. Amoled makes the screen more pop out imo I also exchanged 3 note 10.1 2014 edition at Newegg for light bleeding issues which can only happen with lcd screens since amoled screens don't have a backlight. The only thing I miss with my galaxy tab s is the pen

For me, and probably most of us Note users, missing the s pen is a pretty big deal.

Posted via Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
For me, and probably most of us Note users, missing the s pen is a pretty big deal.

Posted via Android Central App

I love my note 3 and the note 10.1 2014 edition minus the light bleeding issues. I love the amoled screens on the tab s. They will probably offer a note 10.1 or 10.5 with amoled screens but at $600+ since I would assume they would take a tab s and add $100 for the Wacom digitizer would be bit to expensive for my taste

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app