Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Possible bad USB connector?

About a month old 10.1/2014. I've noticed that sometimes when I leave it plugged in to charge, it "unplugs" itself. IOW, when I check the status bar minutes or hours later, it will say "unplugged x hours ago", and that time is usually right after I plugged it in. The connection seems loose; one can wiggle it quite a bit. I've tried many USB<>USB cables, including the one it came with, and a couple others I bought just in case.

I have several devices that use these cables (Kindle, Samsung S3 phone, mouse, etc), and NONE of them ever have a problem staying plugged in. And all of them, except this tablet, seem tight when plugged in. No wiggle at all.

Do I have a bad physical connection port? And is the only solution to replace the entire unit?

Thanks.

Default Re: Possible bad USB connector?

I've got 2 of these tablets. Right from new the micro USB female on one is tight, the other slack with the same male plug, so I guess there is some QC issue here, but never seen an "unplugged" message.