Samsung Video and Media Hub will be disabled on July 1.

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Just got a email from Samsung the Samsung Video and Media Hub has been disabled July 1. You can download to July 31. There is an offer to transfer to MGO. Right now site is very slow as everyone seems to be transferring files.
Therefore since music and books have already been removed this ineffect removes Samsung Media Hub. I guess Google Play Store is know the main media hub.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Never really used this service, but it's good to know that those free coupons I got for purchasing a new phone are going to go unused ¬¬'

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Agreed withbthe good ridance, I got one of the free albums at Christmas, but it would never let me download it to my devices. When I got the closing down notification from Samsung I tried one last time but it show that I had purchased it but wanted me to pay £4.99 to be able to download it.

Just got the 6 months of deezer free with my S5 so I'll see how that goes...

Posted via Android Central App

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the new app replacement at all. You can only view your videos while connected to wifi. Wth?

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have 3 movies that I used my 50.00 credit for. When you turn off wifi they still play albeit a different interface. However when Samsung kills Media Hub entirely I am not certain if they will still play. If you want to buy movies either do it yourself on legal copies or use Google Play Movies. Google Play movies don't need internet once they are downloaded to your tablet. For example when Google made the Tom Hanks Movie, "Big" available for free it runs from my tablet without wifi once you download it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty