Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Jude526
  • 1 Post By Moshe Barash
  • 1 Post By Moshe Barash
  • 1 Post By Synycalwon
  • 1 Post By GregMargie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

Talking Just Upgraded from Original Note 10.1 4G LTE

Wow. What a great upgrade experience! The screen is awesome, much snappier...very pleased.
    --------------------------
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Black
    iPhone 6 Steel Grey 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 32GB Black
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 4G/LTE on Verizon
    Samsung Gear S - Black
    Samsung Galaxy Gear - Jet Black

Default Re: Just Upgraded from Original Note 10.1 4G LTE

Congrats. I had the original. Then the 8.0 Wi-Fi note version. Now the 2014 edition with Verizon. Love it

Posted via Android Central App
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    pwscott likes this.

Global Posts
    5,222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I was looking at getting the current Note 10.1 on Verizon because it has 32GB of storage (minus OS and apps) and the S800 vs the Exynos chip which I didn't care for, I found it a bit slow at times. Glad to see Samsung is setting the Note series at 32GB minimum for carrier devices.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

Yes; 32GB was important for me to in the main storage.
    When I upgraded my Galaxy S3 to an S4 I had to wait a while until Verizon made the SGS4 available in 32GB, but I was glad to have more storage onboard.
    Samsung Gear S - Black

Global Posts
    5,222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I was prepared for the S5 with 32GB to show up within a couple months of the 16GB S5 but it hasn't and that bothers me a lot. I skipped over the Note 10.1 2014 LTE not realizing it was a 32GB and wished I had gone that route. I am picking one up in the next day and can't wait.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

You'll love the 10.1 2014. Didn't realize the S5 never came with 32GB...deal killer for me; I skipped it anyway as it didn't seem enough of an upgrade from my S4 and I wanted the Note 10.1 2014 for my new tablet too.. The Note 4 will have 32GB in all cases I read...hope that's true. I might consider having the Note 4 and the 10.1 2014.
    Samsung Gear S - Black

I am finally considering buying my very first tablet and have decided the Samsung Note 10.1 2014 is the way to go! I currently use the Note 2 phone and love love love my S Pen, so I know that will be very useful to me......I just wish Costco would carry it, so I could use a $200 gift card I have towards it. I just don't understand why they sell all the 'Tabs' and 'Pro' models but not the Note 10.1......are the others more popular or what......

Quote Originally Posted by GregMargie View Post
    I am finally considering buying my very first tablet and have decided the Samsung Note 10.1 2014 is the way to go! I currently use the Note 2 phone and love love love my S Pen, so I know that will be very useful to me......I just wish Costco would carry it, so I could use a $200 gift card I have towards it. I just don't understand why they sell all the 'Tabs' and 'Pro' models but not the Note 10.1......are the others more popular or what......
    Keep in mind that the note 2 has a different S-pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Barash View Post
    Keep in mind that the note 2 has a different S-pen.
    Moshe, Thank you as I was not aware of that, even though I was not planning on them being interchangeable, rather that I do use mine quite a bit on my phone and that is one of the main reasons I decided that is the tablet for me when I do take the plunge and get one. I am curious though as to how they are different, or do they function the same but only on it's own dedicated device?

The note 2014 has an upgraded S-pen. It has a button that launches a menu to pen window, screen write, action memo, S finder, and scrap booker.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: S Pen - Feature Focus:
    Thanked by:
    GregMargie likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs Galaxy Note 2:
    Thanked by:
    GregMargie likes this.

The note 3 and note 10.1 2014 edition have the same S-pen. I do not know if they are interchangeable.

Moshe, Thank you as I was not aware of that, even though I was not planning on them being interchangeable, rather that I do use mine quite a bit on my phone and that is one of the main reasons I decided that is the tablet for me when I do take the plunge and get one. I am curious though as to how they are different, or do they function the same but only on it's own dedicated device?
    I have the Note 2 and OG (2012 version) Note 10.1 and can confirm the S-Pen from either device will work on the other. You just have to remember to take the S-Pen out of the device you're going to use, otherwise it won't work since it still detects its own S-Pen in the cradle and thus doesn't activate any S-Pen functionality. As to functionality, I believe that is dependent on each device's software/features, not the S-Pen itself.
    Thanked by:
    GregMargie likes this.

Ah, like how it is on the Note 3 phone. Which I will probably upgrade to soon or I know the 4 will be out next month .....
    Margie - Galaxy Note 4

Ah, like how it is on the Note 3 phone. Which I will probably upgrade to soon or I know the 4 will be out next month .....
    I have the Note3 and the 2014. Love both. You would be pleased with the 3. And the tablet is awesome

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I have the Note3 and the 2014. Love both. You would be pleased with the 3. And the tablet is awesome

Jude, haha, I knew you would reply and say that! I am glad you are happy with both. Ya, I think I am going to move to the Note 3 (even though I still LOVE my N2) to save some bucks, as I can get it for $99 now, and I always rather wait for a newer device to be out for ahwhile anyway..... Now if Costco would just carry the 10.1 2014 so I could use the Gift Card I have, I would be a very happy camper!! Geesh, seems like they carry just about every other Samsung Tablet!
    Thanked by:
    Jude526 likes this.

Jude, haha, I knew you would reply and say that! I am glad you are happy with both. Ya, I think I am going to move to the Note 3 (even though I still LOVE my N2) to save some bucks, as I can get it for $99 now, and I always rather wait for a newer device to be out for ahwhile anyway..... Now if Costco would just carry the 10.1 2014 so I could use the Gift Card I have, I would be a very happy camper!! Geesh, seems like they carry just about every other Samsung Tablet!
    Margie. I got mine on Verizon. 4G so don't have wifi dependence. I am financing it thru them....no contract on it. Love this beast! !

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Margie. I got mine on Verizon. 4G so don't have wifi dependence. I am financing it thru them....no contract on it. Love this beast! !

June, sounds like a good plan. Thanks for your input!
    I would be fine with wifi and if need, can connect it to my phone with foxfi. I am still on unlimited data on both mine and my hubby's phones. I have seen other newer Samsung tabs at Costco but not the "Note" and I am convinced that I want the Note version.
    Margie - Galaxy Note 4