Samsung Perks for Registering Verizon Note 10.1 2014 Edition? No Perks?

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This post pertains to my purchase of a NEW device from Verizon, NOT REFURB.
So I read the other thread about refurbed tablets.....then I found the promotion online describing all the perks I'd get for buying a (*NEW*) SG Note 10.1 2014 Edition here

I bought mine July 3rd I think. [EDIT- to make this clearer, I bought a *NEW* device from a Verizon Wireless store]. I then went to one of Samsung's webpages to find the owner's manual and also registered my device there. All I got was an email offering me 50% off Samsung accessories bought directly from Samsung:

"Philip, your gift for registering your Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition"
Untitled-3.jpg

After I read the Samsung Perks promotion at the top here, I followed the instructions at the link above...it says:

How to Redeem Your Perks

Wi-Fi Only Models:
Register here and follow the prompts to redeem.
Carrier-Specific Models:
If you already have a Samsung Account, open Samsung GALAXY Apps on your device.
If your device is not already registered, tap "Sign In" or "Accounts" in Samsung GALAXY Apps and follow the prompts to register your device.
An email will be sent to you with all of your perks.​

So there is no "Samsung Galaxy Apps" installed on my Verizon 4G 10.1 2014.....hhmmm....I found my way t o Samsung's webpage and downloaded the Samsung Apps 'app' or app store'....I clicked on Menu > Account and checked my information, confirmed my password.....still no further email or perks....what am I missing here?

I think I have the Terms and Conditions met:
Samsung Support
For questions or concerns regarding the Galaxy Perks program, contact Samsung Support at www.facebook.com/SamsungSupport.

*All offers valid, while supplies last, through 9/30/2014. Limited to eligible owners of qualifying Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition devices who are legal residents of the 50 US & DC, 13 or older. Not all rewards available for the T-Mobile exclusive Note 10.1 2014 Edition. Limit one offer per person/device for all offers. Promotional codes must be redeemed within 90 days of issuance. Void where prohibited. $25 Google Play credit subject to Google Play Terms of Service. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. The Audible, SiriusXM and NYTimes.com no-cost trials require use of a credit card for registration; regular charges apply after the trial period, unless cancelled. For complete Offer Terms and Conditions, click here.
Sponsor: Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC.​

So how do I get my perks??? :(:(:(:(:D

Last edited:

CuddlesMcsnuggy

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
It appears that they changed the terms & conditions on July 1st so refurbs are no longer eligible. From Samsung Galaxy Perks if you click the link to the full version of the terms & conditions: "Offer begins 12:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") July 1, 2014 and ends 11:59 PM ET September 30, 2014 or when supplies are exhausted, whichever is sooner ("Offer Period"). Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and DC who are 13 years of age or older as of July 1, 2014, and who have purchased a new Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 device model SM-P600 (a "qualifying device"). Open-box or refurbished devices are not eligible for this offer."

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Interesting but has no bearing on my question as I bought A NEW DEVICE in the Verizon Wireless store.

I probably should have been clearer- I didn't imagine you could buy a refurb in a Verizon store....I bought a BRAND NEW DEVICE.

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
http://www.samsung.com/us/register-for-your-galaxy-perks/?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170#note10Samsung responds and tells me NO on PERKS. :(That my version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 does NOT qualify for perks. (Note that she calls it the Tab 10.1):

Here is the message from Samsung Support via Messenger on their FB page:

Unfortunately Phil this specific model of the Tab 10.1 is ineligible for perks. http://www.trymark.com/STA/GalaxyPerks/Note10/. We apologize for the frustration this information may cause. Thanks ^Zoe.​

Kind of surprising given the way they promote it here: Perks
...I guess that will teach me to read all the way through teh asterisk to the two page terms where they list a specific model number to the exclusion of others listed up front in the promotion ("Carrier Models").

Last edited:

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Samsung re-confirmed to me that NO PERKS with the Verizon Note 10.1 2014.....seems that you need to buy the device, then check the model # in ABOUT and you see that they end it in -5 which disqualifies your purchase:

".........Hi Phil. We went back to the link that was provided to to you from the previous message and upon checking, the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 device with the model SM-P600 is qualified. The one that you have is SM-P605V. ^Angel....."

Emanstone

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone here know how to loop video on the stock video player on Note10.1 2014 edition. I've tried to find the loop or repeat function without success . Please help!

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone here know how to loop video on the stock video player on Note10.1 2014 edition. I've tried to find the loop or repeat function without success . Please help!

Your question in not relevant to subject.... You may be best to start "NEW" topic with your question... And sorry I have not a clue how to help you....

Dale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy