Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Back to FLASH Player Issue.

Seem at some time back GOOGLE Play stopped supporting Adobe Flash, BUT it was discovered that one could side load Adobe Flash player into Android and Chrome would work.... BUT now after KK upgrade (at least I think about that time) some files with ".swf" extenders have stop working in latest in CHROME browser in my tablet... Is it just a hold over from the abandon Flash days or did Kit Kat change something.....

I know browsers with HTML5 "movie" (or is it "video" or maybe "canvas" ) are better product but its frustrating when you have a website one maintains and only file format available is .swf and stupid Chrome will not display file....

This is about a website and being able to view all feature no matter what browser, so far only CHROME mobile for Android and FLASH is my major headache when testing website...

Dale

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default Re: Back to FLASH Player Issue.

Dolphin Browser with Jetpack and Flash player work, but not all the time. (Still on 4.3 though)

Quote Originally Posted by iso99 View Post
    Dolphin Browser with Jetpack and Flash player work, but not all the time. (Still on 4.3 though)
    I'm on kitkat and it works

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
    newbeginning828 likes this.

Firefox has flash capability built into it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

This is not about Dolphin or Firefox, its about CHROME....

Can anybody see ShockWave Flash weather display in the widget >>Weather -Testing for Weather Underground (no not the accuweather widget) on this site with CHROME for ANDROID....

http://mariposamuseum.com...

Sorry, thought you were looking for a solution - I totally agree with you about Chrome/KitKat/Android supporting flash. Heck, it was just a couple of years ago that we had bragging rights about adobe flash support and IOS would not support it.

Nope Mariposa, weather testing module doesn't work for me in Android Chrome -it says plug-in not supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Barash View Post
    I'm on kitkat and it works

Any concerns over the critical security flaw that "can be leveraged to steal user data" found 3 weeks ago? -

Google, Microsoft and Twitter scramble to fix latest security vulnerability in Flash http://www.androidcentral.com/google...rability-flash

I miss using the Dolphin browser + Flash Player setup for Amazon videos since reading this & uninstalling.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by akuki View Post
    Any concerns over the critical security flaw that "can be leveraged to steal user data" found 3 weeks ago? -

Google, Microsoft and Twitter scramble to fix latest security vulnerability in Flash Google, Microsoft and Twitter scramble to fix latest security vulnerability in Flash | Android Central

I miss using the Dolphin browser + Flash Player setup for Amazon videos since reading this & uninstalling.

As I understand the OP's post, he has an established website that he has to maintain. There are two web weather panels on the homepage. One does NOT work with Chrome for Android. It works perfectly with Chrome in Windows 7 and XP{I checked}
    From batch of replies posted here and other queries re Flash and Android/chrome, it can safely be assumed that most users of Chrome for Android has a backup access method to access vital information when required.
    If Weather Underground cannot provide a html 5 link, dump their info or live with the shortcoming.

@OP, as an aside, have you had a look at yr.no – Været for Norge og verden fra NRK og Meteorologisk institutt they maintain a very very good weather database(no I'm not affiliated with them)

Google, Microsoft and Twitter scramble to fix latest security vulnerability in Flash http://www.androidcentral.com/google...rability-flash

I have not had any security issues. Keep in mind that when I use flash, it is on dolphin browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Barash View Post
    I have not had any security issues. Keep in mind that when I use flash, it is on dolphin browser.

I thought the Rosetta Flash hack (described in article I linked) revealed a flaw in Adobe Flash, which might include the Flash Player app that I downloaded to run with the Dolphin Browser and Dolphin Jetpack, to play Amazon streaming videos on my Nexus 5.

Maybe this isn't the case? And my knowledge is just to limited to understand the extent of the threat?

I'd really like to reinstall the flash player app if it's safe to run it. No telling how long we'll be waiting for Amazon to issue their Android streaming app.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosbouer View Post
    As I understand the OP's post, he has an established website that he has to maintain. There are two web weather panels on the homepage. One does NOT work with Chrome for Android. It works perfectly with Chrome in Windows 7 and XP{I checked}
    From batch of replies posted here and other queries re Flash and Android/chrome, it can safely be assumed that most users of Chrome for Android has a backup access method to access vital information when required.
    If Weather Underground cannot provide a html 5 link, dump their info or live with the shortcoming.

@OP, as an aside, have you had a look at yr.no – Været for Norge og verden fra NRK og Meteorologisk institutt they maintain a very very good weather database(no I'm not affiliated with them)
    Thanks Bosbouer. Sorry to jump into this thread when I saw someone using the same apps I have issue with. I will move it to another thread if this is frowned upon.

I thought the Rosetta Flash hack (described in article I linked) revealed a flaw in Adobe Flash, which might include the Flash Player app that I downloaded to run with the Dolphin Browser and Dolphin Jetpack, to play Amazon streaming videos on my Nexus 5.

Maybe this isn't the case? And my knowledge is just to limited to understand the extent of the threat?

I'd really like to reinstall the flash player app if it's safe to run it. No telling how long we'll be waiting for Amazon to issue their Android streaming app.

Dolphin Browser had a update on July 25th(2014) that updated flash.
    Here is a link to aquire the newest flash: https://dolphinbrowser.desk.com/cust...aying/articles

akuki likes this.