Need advice, never owned a Tablet

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello to all of you that are experienced Samsung Tablet Owners,

I have never owned a Tablet and never thought I would have a need to.....but I am considering one as I have a gift card to Costco and they have the Galaxy Tab 4 2014 for $40 off which would make it $289.

I Love Samsung products as I use/LOVE my Note 2. I love the S Pen feature, so my feeling is I would want the Note 10.1 (do not want larger or smaller).....But is it really worth the Extra Money?? Is the Tab 4 even worth getting....as I am thinking for the S Pen features alone it would be, as my main thought for use would be to use it to have people sign contracts and documents on (Real Estate)??? If I am going to buy one, I want to buy the right one, but am not wanting to try and then move up..... I want it to last awhile. Costco currently doesn't sell the Note 10.1

Any opinions, comments, help would be greatly appreciated.

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
First you need to figure out what you would use it for that would make it better than your Note? Watching movies, playing games, reading, etc. If the only thing you want a larger tablet to do is for signing documents then it may not be worth it, however showing people what real estate is available on the tablet would be better on the larger screen. I would not discount the larger or smaller tablets until you have actually play with all of them. You might surprise yourself and actually like one of the other sizes better than the 10.1.

Then I would recommend that if you have a Best Buy store near you that has the Samsung kiosk in it, stop in and visit them. Play with all of the tablets, ask questions, and see which one will work best for you. The samsung reps can also answer your questions relating to your specific needs better than the Costco folks will probably be able to. Once you have done that then go back to Costco and get it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The OP stated Cosco doesn't have the 10.1. I love the 10.1. I had the smaller 8.0 but prefer larger real estate screen. I use for both personal and work. I love the stylus and having the Note3 phone made it a no brainer on the tablet. I have a separate keyboard as well. It doesn't let me down. Only you can decide what suits your needs. This tablet will last me a very long time. I don't intend on getting the next replacement. I got this in May. Am extremely pleased.

Posted via Android Central App

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both for your responses.....I am still in love with my Note 2 phone and I do use a laptop, never ever thought I would find a need for a tablet, as it really doesn't do everything my laptop can, but they have and are getting more and more popular.....I will more than likely go to a Note 3 or 4 phone in the near future, but was considering adding a tablet to my tools, but when I saw the deal on that Samsung Tab 4, 10.1 and I have a $200.00 Costco gift card, I thought, not bad to enter the tablet world for about $90 cost to me......but then my sensibility got the best of me and my thought is that I think the tab 4 is low end an if I am going to actually get a Tablet, then I should get the one I truly would use more and that is the one that has the S-Pen features.....hence the Note 10.1! I would not want any bigger or smaller.....I wish Costco sold the Note 10.1 2014 to use the gift card I have......so I will hold out to see if they carry it as I am not going to lay out $500 right now to buy it somewhere else....

I would imagine a 2015 version should be coming out soon and would then bring prices down on the 2014 version.....I would be a very happy camper with that!