Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dianehelen
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recommendations for external portable power pack

I've been looking around and considering getting one of these gadgets and there are so many around. I got one from Amazon, very cheap and nice design, but will be returned as it's only 3000MaH, gives me about just over 1 hour, and I see now I need at least 8200.

So has anyone found one they really like, that's not too bulky, not too pricey and can add at least 3-4 hours of use time.

Thanks
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

Default Re: Recommendations for external portable power pack

What is your price range? (The bigger ones cost around 40 dollars).

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

On Amazon.com this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0-20&m1k=vb_ac is on sale for $25.99 (10,000MaH dual charging).

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Have you used this one or just searching around as I have been. The one I got was Rav, and I see they also make a 10000 mah one, also on amazon, with good reviews, for the same $

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009V5X1CE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .

I use this one.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok thanks, good to know. How many hours do you get using it on the note?

Honestly I never timed it, but it is a good few hours.

Thanked by:

This part of the details of your linked battery would have me really concerned, given this is the Note 10.1 2014 forum...
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    Note: this product CANNOT charge Samsung or Asus tablets.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Have you used this one or just searching around as I have been. The one I got was Rav, and I see they also make a 10000 mah one, also on amazon, with good reviews, for the same $

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009V5X1CE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    SPH-L710, Note 10.1 2014

FWIW, I recently purchased a compact "boostbox" for my truck.
    It's an AllStart 550 with 12,000 mAh capacity and is able to charge from 5V USB or 12V vehicle powerport/lighter.
    Since then all my spare batteries and my jumper cables have to find a new home.

http://www.amazon.com/Allstart-550-P...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

At 3"x 6"x 1.2" it is the same size as 3 Galaxy S5 cell phones stacked together.
    They claim 1,000 charge cycles.
    It incorporates a multi mode LED flashlight and jumper cable pigtail plug.

While this is way more that your $30 battery, it charges fast on 12V and fills more than one need for me.
    Using the stock Samsung USB to micro USB cable that came with my Note, the kids have watched videos for 3 or more hours in the back seat.
    I have no idea how long it will really run the tablet.
    SPH-L710, Note 10.1 2014
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by sure why not View Post
    This part of the details of your linked battery would have me really concerned, given this is the Note 10.1 2014 forum...

Ya noticed that before I ordered. Not getting it. Probably going with the Anker one
    sure why not likes this.