Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jimmy Flores
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The accessories...

I'm excited to get the note for school this year. I'm just a bit overwhelmed by all the choices for screen protectors, cases, keyboards etc. I'm going to be taking notes, so preserving screen sensitivity is important. I think tempered glass is best for this? And I'd like a good case. I don't plan on dropping my tablet, but I'm a bit of a klutz, so it will happen eventually. I'm not even sure I even need a keyboard because I have a full size laptop, but it could be nice.

Anyway, I don't want to spend a fortune, but I don't want to skimp either. Specific suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Default Re: The accessories...

Any of these are good depends whether you want the keyboard or not

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) | Poetic Cases

I love Fintie cases, I have one for my Note 10.1 2014 and my Tab 7". They are well made, well priced and do just what I need for protection and function.

Amazon.com: Fintie Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Case Cover - Ultra Slim Lightweight Stand Smart Shell with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature, Black: Electronics

I don't use a keyboard, for it defeats the convenience of a tablet.

Good luck and welcome Note and the forum

A lot of people have reported problems with the screen protectors for this tablet such as degraded s - pen functionality, and a lot of issues with magnetic cases so be aware.
    Also I use the note for school and the only accessory that I bought for it was a stand up case that can activate "daynote", and you will not need a keyboard if you take notes with the s - pen, since it can turn your handwriting into print. The feature even works with bad handwriting.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Those cases look pretty nice, but do they offer any protection from falls?

Quote Originally Posted by Acantha View Post
    Those cases look pretty nice, but do they offer any protection from falls?
    If you are within 30 days of purchase I would look into getting a Square Trade warranty with accident protection. Unless you plan on an Otterbox type case which would seriously fatten up your tablet, most of the other thin cases will protect against scratches but not drops. Buy a warranty for $99 and a case for $20 or $30 max instead of investing in an expensive $60-$80 case. Just my 2 cents
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I haven't got the tablet yet, but I'm definitely getting a squaretrade warranty. I've had an otterbox case before, and I was not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by tomlh View Post
    Any of these are good depends whether you want the keyboard or not

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) | Poetic Cases
    I have a case that I don't need anymore.. It's purple though.

From Peaches Galaxy Note 3

Samsung recommends you DO NOT use screen protect on this tablet... Some cases have been known to cause problems with tables, do your research well before purchase...

Dale

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

I am using Invisible Shield, no problems even with SPen comimg from a frequent SPen user. From experience, dusts accumulate quickly without screen protector.

Also got an extended warranty upon purchase

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Have been using the POETIC Slimbook case with the 3-year warranty. And boy this is one dang good case. just the right amount of protection if I drop it and a lot of nice thought out features

I love my Origami Slim Shell Roocase. It has a hard shell back and the cover rolls up to be a stand like the iPad smart cover with two viewing angles. Plus it also stands in portrait orientation.
    marktrav44 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Flores View Post
    I love my Origami Slim Shell Roocase. It has a hard shell back and the cover rolls up to be a stand like the iPad smart cover with two viewing angles. Plus it also stands in portrait orientation.
    I agree, I also have the roocase and it is one of the best cases I have owned for any device

http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Samsun...cUvbUpU3849994

I gave the case specific to the tablet. I am careful. Never drop. Knock on wood. When I am typing a lot I do use a Bluetooth keyboard. ..mainly at home tho. Out and about its the stock keyboard using my stylus or fingers.

Posted from my awesome Note3
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I ended up getting the Fintie case. I like it, but I'm not in love. If I see something better, I'll probably get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acantha View Post
    I ended up getting the Fintie case. I like it, but I'm not in love. If I see something better, I'll probably get it.
    For 6 months, I have had the finite case (royal blue) and I still love it!