Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Default Martial Arts

I'm looking for a workout tracker for my karate practice. I'm looking for something I could use to track Kata along with the calisthenics we do during class. Possibly time on the heavy bag.

Would any one have any suggestions as to which app I can use to track this?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    8,291 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Martial Arts

Do you want to enter times in a log type situation, have an interface to select what you're doing and have it track it or have the device identify what you're doing and log it automatically?

¯\_(
    )_/¯ Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Pro, Attentive & Helpful

P.U.P.P.A.H / Community Rules & Guidelines / Ambassador Guides / There's no magic in Root

Runtastic do a range of fitness and workout apps, that may do what you need. I've been using the runtastic pro app for over a year now and they are always adding activities to it. They also do a range of apps for things like situps, pushup etc.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

When i was using my Blackberry Playbook, I had an app called the Blackbelt Workout Tracker. I was good bc I was able to log all of my calisthenics and Kata's.

In response to Darth Spocks question, I'm looking for either of the scenario's you mentioned.

In response to Tomcat, I currently use Runtastic and it's great for my other workouts but not for Martial Arts specifically. I can't make the log say what I want. Like which Kata I practiced or Which weapons I worked out with. it doesn't give me the option to say how long I was on the heavy bag or shadow boxed. It would be nice if I could add them to Runtastic (I would be happy) but I can't or don't know how.

Even if you can suggest a workout app where I can build the logs myself specifically to the way I want it and name the workouts.

Let me know what you have.. I'm still new to the Android world of apps and it's a bit overwhelming with the amount of apps there are. I'm sure there's something out there that can satisfy what i need.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

OK. Since I've gotten no replies and cannot find an app to satisfy what I'm looking for, are there any developers out there that would be willing to partner up with me to make one?

Posted via Android Central App