Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rosede
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Default Disabling the initial screen

Whenever my wife turns on her tablet, she gets a a screen with a calendar on the left side and what appears to me as a a chalkboard on the right. I'm assuming that a person can write notes or whatnot on the chalkboard, but my wife and I both find it very annoying. Originally, this was a News Stand or something like that, but some how it changed to the screen that I just described.

How do I disable this? My wife and I both find this very annoying. When she turns it on, she just wants to get the log in screen (she doesn't log in, but swipes to get into the tablet). I have no idea what this screen is called, and how to disable it. Any suggestions will be help full.

Thank you.

Daryl

Default Re: Disabling the initial screen

Try going to Settings, and in the Personal Settings tap on Lock Screen, if "Action memo on lock screen" is turned on turn it off.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

JImcapraro,

Thank you for the quick reply.

This has been partiality resolved. One thing that I didn't mention, because I didn't think that it was relevant, is that my wife also has a case. This case keeps the lid closed with magnets. Turning off the "Action memo on Lock Screen" works as long as a person just turns off/on the tablet, but if you close the case and then open it, the "Action Member on Lock Screen" returns. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by rosede View Post
    Whenever my wife turns on her tablet, she gets a a screen with a calendar on the left side and what appears to me as a a chalkboard on the right. I'm assuming that a person can write notes or whatnot on the chalkboard, but my wife and I both find it very annoying. Originally, this was a News Stand or something like that, but some how it changed to the screen that I just described.

How do I disable this? My wife and I both find this very annoying. When she turns it on, she just wants to get the log in screen (she doesn't log in, but swipes to get into the tablet). I have no idea what this screen is called, and how to disable it. Any suggestions will be help full.

Thank you.

Daryl
    Go to Settings/General/Accessories/Book Cover and then uncheck Daynote.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charles777 View Post
    Go to Settings/General/Accessories/Book Cover and then uncheck Daynote.
    Charles,

That resolved my issue. Thank you.

Daryl
    charles777 likes this.