Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Default Guys side sync works on our tablet now!

This side sync is awesome . You can control your phone on the tablet.

Global Posts
    9,449 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Default Re: Guys side sync works on our tablet now!

I believe it also works with your computer
    Very cool feature.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

How do you access it?

Global Posts
    9,449 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Barash View Post
    How do you access it?
    Go to Samsung's site and download Side Sync. It will tell you how to set it up on any device that you want to use it for.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:

I tried setting this up on my tablet and my windows computer. The software says use usb or wifi. The desktop version constantly goes to wifi and scans and finds nothing.

This is interesting. Went to Google Play, found this, GPlay said it is not compatible with the GNote 10.1 2014. Tried side loading from my Note3 (downloaded from GPlay), tried to install, installer says it could not read the file.
    Any suggestions?

Try it though Samsung Apps. I am thinking it might be a different version on Google Play.

How is this much different than the Wifi Direct feature? I installed it, connected it to my Galaxy S5 and yeah, it was cool that my phone showed up on my tablet and I could "use" the phone via my tablet, but, my phone has to be with my tab and me, (or at least in the same room) for the two to connect. So what am I missing? It took a few tries for the connection to be made. I uninstalled it. My needs are pretty basic so maybe I'm just not seeing the big picture
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

For me it's something I use when I'm charging my phone and want to leave the room and go elsewhere. It's just convenient to only have to use one device .

It only works with Kit Kat 4.4.2 & above. If you're still on Jelly bean you'll have to wait a while!

I like the app but I find its a huge battery drain on my phone; not so much on my tablet. Since I dont really use it that much I just removed it. To do the SMS I use tablet talk. As far as file transfers, dropbox takes care of the rest. Like I said, good concept, but I just cant aford the battery drain (not good on your battery to use such an intensive app while charging either).

I've loaded SideSync onto both phone and tablet. Works fine on the phone (Note 4) but not at all on the Note 10.1 (running 4.4.2, and rooted). The tablet and PC do not handshake with one another when connected by USB. WiFi connect also does not work.

Love it.