My Tablet's on Speed!

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It was fine earlier today. Opened a game a few minutes ago and the music was playing at like 2x the normal speed. It sounded like chipmunk music!
Then I noticed the movement was faster too. I closed the game and opened other programs. Everything is faster. It's a universal change, not just one program. Apps are opening at warp speed! Commands are executing incredibly fast. That part is great :D Was going to restart the tab when I was interrupted. When I came back, everything was back to normal. This is the third intermittent problem I've had with my tab. Sometimes the audio is reminiscent of a little portable transistor radio (of 40 years ago). Restarting fixes it. Then there was the flashing horizontal lines in videos. That fixed it's self about the time I was ready to file an ins claim. Now this. Can anyone "see" a common denominator? Has anyone experienced the (universal) increased speed that I've described?
Thanks

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I have that issue once in a while and when it occurs I just reboot it or lock it then leave it off for a few minutes then turn it back on and the issue is gone.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have that issue once in a while and when it occurs I just reboot it or lock it then leave it off for a few minutes then turn it back on and the issue is gone.

Thank you. How often has it happened? Can you tell if there is a certain program that triggers it or something else that triggers it?

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
It happens about once a week depending on the week. It is occurring when I first play audio after unlocking it, and the only program that could be triggering it would be idle(sleep) mode.

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Keep in mind that it can be very entertaining to watch videos where the characters sound like chipmunks. Try listening to a song when the issue is occurring and you might find it very funny, so it's not all that bad.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I guess I'm a fuddy duddy. I'm more impressed with electronics that perform as they're expected to perform and see any deviation from that as trouble :eek:

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I was recently poking around on the XDA forum for the tablet and someone mentioned that the recent update probably fixed the sound issue. I know that I haven't had the issue since the update!

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Haha this happened to me a few weeks ago. I thought it was just the YouTube video I was watching and them noticed it was for everything Haha glad to hear it wasn't just me.

Posted via the Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I was recently poking around on the XDA forum for the tablet and someone mentioned that the recent update probably fixed the sound issue. I know that I haven't had the issue since the update!

Come to think of it, it's been quite a while since it's happened :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance