Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By monicakm
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Tablet's on Speed!

It was fine earlier today. Opened a game a few minutes ago and the music was playing at like 2x the normal speed. It sounded like chipmunk music!
    Then I noticed the movement was faster too. I closed the game and opened other programs. Everything is faster. It's a universal change, not just one program. Apps are opening at warp speed! Commands are executing incredibly fast. That part is great Was going to restart the tab when I was interrupted. When I came back, everything was back to normal. This is the third intermittent problem I've had with my tab. Sometimes the audio is reminiscent of a little portable transistor radio (of 40 years ago). Restarting fixes it. Then there was the flashing horizontal lines in videos. That fixed it's self about the time I was ready to file an ins claim. Now this. Can anyone "see" a common denominator? Has anyone experienced the (universal) increased speed that I've described?
    Thanks

Default Re: My Tablet's on Speed!

Very weird. Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition | T-Mobile Support
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Very weird. Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition | T-Mobile Support
    I haven't done that recently B. Diddy (btw, we used to have a Dalmatian named Bo Diddly ) Since it "fixed it's self" (again) I haven't done anything. Hoping someone had a clue what might have happened. I've not installed any new apps lately.
    B. Diddy likes this.

I have that issue once in a while and when it occurs I just reboot it or lock it then leave it off for a few minutes then turn it back on and the issue is gone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Barash View Post
    I have that issue once in a while and when it occurs I just reboot it or lock it then leave it off for a few minutes then turn it back on and the issue is gone.
    Thank you. How often has it happened? Can you tell if there is a certain program that triggers it or something else that triggers it?

It happens about once a week depending on the week. It is occurring when I first play audio after unlocking it, and the only program that could be triggering it would be idle(sleep) mode.

Keep in mind that it can be very entertaining to watch videos where the characters sound like chipmunks. Try listening to a song when the issue is occurring and you might find it very funny, so it's not all that bad.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Well, I guess I'm a fuddy duddy. I'm more impressed with electronics that perform as they're expected to perform and see any deviation from that as trouble